Day XX: Traveling

"So, what you're saying is- If we go all the way to middle of no where, we'll have a better Christmas?" Tony raised an eyebrow as he propped his feet on the dash of the car. Steve hummed, paying attention to the road. "That's exactly what I'm saying- Away from the superhero stuff and Stark Tower." He paused, looking in the rearview mirror. "Besides, I think those two back there need a break."

In the back seat was Peter Parker, leaned against the car door sound asleep. He had his arm around Sargeant, a golden retriever they had brought into the family. Sarg laid against Peter, his head and snout resting on his lap. All in all, the two looked rather peaceful; Of course, Steve didn't blame them for taking a small snap. They /may/ have left at 6am that morning, mainly because of Steve. It was better the two to be sleeping rather than asking a series of 'are we there yet' followed by barking.

No, Steve definitely did not want that.

"Maybe." Tony muttered, looking out the window. "Don't we all? Ever since we've started this whole hero gig thing, we haven't had a break- Even on holidays. I mean, come on; Christmas is five days away. What's going to appear? Some guy who threatens to destroy Christmas dressed as Santa Claus?" Tony snorted as Steve quickly remarked back. "That's called The Nightmare Before Christmas and it's a great movie."

Tony simply rolled his eyes playfully, now leaning against the car door and closing his eyes. "Whatever. Wake me up when we get there." He wore a small smile.

Steve chuckled.

"Goodnight."

____________________________________

f i v e
d a y s
t i l l
c h r i s t m a s