We Have to Have High Hopes

Deidara was wearing his blue kimomo and me the Akastki robe when I brought him to Sassori and Kisame. I hadn't told them over the phone that Deidara was a kid. They automatically trusted me when I told them I had a new member.

  The migraines were still there and I just wanted to get this over with.  Deidara was able to get in. I didn't care or even ask how Sassori and Kisame felt about I bringing a child into the Akastki. 

  "Where is he going to stay?"

  "He's your partner Sassori."

  "I'll accept you as my partner but you stay with Itachi."

  "Yeah yeah whatever yeah," Deidara says glaring at me. Since I brought him here, his whole aura changed. He tried to attack me but failed. 

   "He's your partner Sassori."

  "He's Itachi's responsibility. He brought him here."

  "But he's your partner!"

  A cough swelled up in my throat. "If he's coming with me, we should go now."

  "It's alright, I'll take him with me."

  We start to go our separate way as I hurry to the car. I cough into a napkin feeling the veins in my brain pop because of the excursion.

  That was it, Deidara was now in the hands of the puppet master and I could rest easy. I turn the key in the ignition as there is a knock on my window.

  "Kisame."

  "You seem tired."

  "I am."

  "Let's just hope that Sassori doesn't kill the boy."

  "We have to have high hopes."

  He chuckles, "I see he kept you up all night. Where did you find him?"

  "On the side of the road making a campfire. I regret stopping."

  Kisame laughs patting me on the back.