seven.

Typical family breakfast. Mallory was making French toast with all the fixings. Lyric was watching cartoons on her iPad. Trey was flicking through his itinerary for the day. And Demi was being briefed by her assistant on what she had to do today. It was glorious and it was beautiful, and Harmony couldn't be happier for the distractions. It seemed like everyone would be busy today which meant that no one would have the time to keep up with her so she could just magically disappear for the rest of the day and some part of tomorrow and no one would even know. Perks of having celebrity parents who even though publicly stated that they were taking a break weren't actually on a break and was receiving more publicity than ever.

"Trey, your publicist thinks it would be a great idea for you to bring Lyric or Harmony along with you...preferably Lyric," Harmony couldn't even take offense to that because she didn't wanna spend any extra time with Trey anyways.

"Daddy I'm going with you?" Lyric questioned and Trey nodded as he high fived her.

"What are we gonna do with Harmony?" Trey asked. Thankfully she had spent the better half of last night figuring out exactly what her lie was gonna be and how she would carry it out.

"Lauren, Sophia, and I were gonna study for our AP Psych test on Monday. I was just gonna spend the night over Sophia's house," Harmony explained and she watched Trey screw his eyebrows together in apprehension but of course her mom bought her little lie. God forbid she be looked at as the strict untrusting parent.

"So if I call Ariana that's what she'll tell me?" Demi asked and Harmony nodded. Sophia's mom, Ariana, wouldn't actually be at the house, because she was going to see her parents over in Burbank, but Harmony already knew that she would totally cover for them. She always did.

"That's fine. Just know either me or Trey will be calling to check up on you. You're still grounded, Harmony. Don't make me find out that you're lying to me," Demi's tone lowered and Harmony nodded. She took the last bite of her French toast, grabbed an extra sausage, and headed up the stairs to prepare her outfit for a night to remember. She was gonna ask for her car back but that might've been pushing it.

Harmony searched through her wardrobe but in the end she decided on grabbing a thick strapped black crop top with black Chanel envelope shorts and a studded leather jacket that her mom had designed for her clothing line. You could never go wrong with all black. She wanted to look cute but it had to be effortless. She couldn't look like a try hard.

The crop top and the shorts would look good on her because of her toned yet curvy body which puberty had blessed her with. Thank God for personal trainers and Hispanic roots. She stuffed those items into her Celine bag. She didn't bring shoes because she could always borrow a pair from Sophia. Now she just had to groom herself and she would be ready to go.

Her plan had kicked off without a hitch. After her mom had dropped her off while having a conversation over the phone with Ariana about the girl's weekend plans, Harmony had gotten ready at Sophia's house. She looked amazing. Sophia had straightened her hair and put it in a high ponytail for her and she had borrowed a pair of Louboutins to wear, even if they were gonna be discarded by the end of the night. It was a pool party after all. When Lauren and Sophia finally finished getting ready, they headed out with Sophia's driver because there was no telling how drunk they would be by the end of the night. They partied a lot, but they partied responsibly. The last thing they needed was to end up in the tabloids for drunk driving. Their parents, and their parents' publicists, would be livid.

"We're not staying for the entire time, right?" Sophia snapped her MAC compact shut in irritation and cut her eyes over to Lauren. Who left parties early?