twenty four.

"So tell me about what happened," Simon had dropped Erik and her luggage off at the house but then insisted on letting her go shopping for some proper English clothes, but he wanted to stop at a small cafe first.

"My mom didn't tell you? Or you didn't read about it online?" Harmony asked, stuffing her hands into the pockets of Erik's coat as Simon quickly ordered for the two of them and paid.

"Your mother told me her side of the story and the media is known for their lies. So tell me what happened," Simon urged as they took their drinks and went to a table in the back of the cafe where she began to spill the story to him, starting from when her mom initially kicked her out up to the point that they were at now. Of course she told him that she didn't actually do what her mom was accusing her of, she just couldn't tell if he believed her or not.

"Well that doesn't sound like you at all," Simon stated, taking a sip of his hot tea as Harmony shrugged and stirred her hot chocolate.

"I know and I told her over and over that I would never do something like that and she just doesn't believe me," Harmony didn't want to sound whiny but she was on a completely different continent because of something that she didn't do.

"Well not just that darling, the entire thing. The weed, the pills, the attitude, the fighting. None of that is you, Harmony," Simon explained as Harmony shyly tucked a piece of hair behind her ears and shook her head. She had been a bit out of control lately but she knew who she was, right?

"Harmony, your mother and father raised you up to be a beautiful and proper young lady. You've seemed to have gotten too caught up in things, my dear and before you get offended, allow me to explain myself," Simon took a deep breath and sat up in his chair.

"I know what happened when you were younger had a deep affect on your life and I understand that it has traumatized you and made you believe that all of your actions from that point on could simply be excused because of what your mother did to you but that was ten years ago. You have not sought out therapy, you have not forgiven your mother, and you have not learned to take responsibility for your actions. Now part of that is Demi's fault and she knows that, but a majority of it is yours. You can not allow your past to determine the person that you are today or the person that you are going to become. You are so much more than your mom selling you off, which was a huge mistake, or your parents' divorce or anything. You have a beautiful soul Harmony, but you are destroying it. You have so much potential that you're letting go to waste because you can't let go of the past."

By the end of Simon's little speech, Harmony was in tears. Her nose was beginning to run and she couldn't stop the tears from falling down her cheeks. She was trying her hardest not to sob out loud but it was like Simon's words kept hitting her over and over and over again. It seemed as if she had heard those words before but she hadn't actually been listening to what was being said, she hadn't been trying to decipher their meaning and dig within herself to change. Before she had let them go through one ear and out the other but now she was forced to listen and she heard him loud and clear.

"I didn't mean to make you cry darling. Come here," Simon opened his arms and Harmony went and sat next to him on the couch, resting her head on his chest as his rubbed her arm and shushed her so that she wouldn't start crying out loud and draw attention to them.

"How about we tackle this shopping venture another day and head home?" Simon suggested, causing Harmony to weakly nod and follow him out of the cafe as she wiped her throbbing face and braced herself for the cold.

"Just go straight up to the guest room and I'll have Erik call you down when dinner is ready," Simon directed Harmony to the stairs and she climbed the familiar spiral staircase to the top floor where the guest room that she had deemed as hers was. It was in the same hall as Erik's room, and apparently Piper and Lola's as well.