twenty seven.

Being in a new house in LA was weird. They were still in Calabasas but they had moved to a different house because her mom said that her and Trey were separating and she didn't want to stay in the house that they had. Everyone got new rooms and new decorations and they all had to adjust to living under the same roof when they had never done that before. Her mom and her dad had completely different rules and getting them to agree on one thing was a very tedious task.

Harmony heard a knock on her door and called for the person to come in. Isabella came running in and hopped on her bed, resting her head in her lap as Harmony continued to play around on the new phone that her dad had finally gotten for her.

"What's up?"

"I don't like it here. All of my friends are in Florida. I don't know anyone here," Isabella complained, looking up at Harmony with a small pout on her face.

"Well when you go to school you can make new friends," Harmony replied but Isabella shook her head.

"It's not the same. I'm glad mom and dad are together but why did we have to move? There's cameras everywhere and the people that take the pictures are so mean," Isabella explained as Harmony finally set her phone down.

"I know a lot has changed but mom and dad only want the best for the both of us and they'll protect us from the people with the cameras, okay? You'll get used to it and I promise that you'll love it here," Harmony leaned down to kiss her forehead as Isabella released a long sigh but ended up nodding anyways.

"Thank you for dinner, Mallory," Wilmer thanked her after she cleared their plates away to wash them in the kitchen. Mallory was surprised because Demi and Harmony hardly used to thank her at the old house but she accepted his gratitude before rushing off to do the dishes.

"Isa and Harmony, why don't you guys go help her?" Wilmer suggested, gesturing towards the kitchen. Harmony cocked her eyebrow and looked over at Demi who had her eyes half closed.

"Okay first you make us eat dinner as a family," she put air quotes around family before continuing, "and now you want us to go do the dishes? Mallory is the maid for a reason, dad."

"Just because that's her job doesn't mean that she couldn't use some help," Wilmer had told Demi over and over that even with a maid, the girls should still have some responsibilities but she never enforced that rule. Back in Florida, Wilmer didn't have a maid. Him and Isabella did the dishes together, she cleaned her room and her bathroom and even the living room when it got too messy. Harmony clearly had no cleaning to do and Demi wasn't even trying to make her.

"Well then we can hire another one. Either way, I'm not doing dishes when she's more than capable," Harmony rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out as Demi cleared her throat.

"I just want the girls to focus on school and dance. They have plenty of responsibility," Demi stated, under the impression that her word would be final like it always was.

"Yeah Isa knows the meaning of responsibility but what about our other daughter Demi?" Wilmer fired back. Harmony made eye contact with Isabella and gestured towards the stairs. Isabella nodded and they both slid out of their chairs and headed up to their rooms so they wouldn't have to hear their parents argue again.

"I really don't want to get into this with you because it's clear we have very different parenting styles and we need to find a common ground. Mallory is here for a reason, to help with keeping the house clean and sometimes cooking for us. If you want the girls to clean little things here and there or just simply clean their rooms by themselves we can arrange that," Demi breathed out.

She was tired of arguing with Wilmer. He was still mad at her for sending Harmony to England even if she was back now. He was upset about her deciding not to sleep in the same bed or have sexual relations within him until her divorce was finalized. He was constantly criticizing her parenting techniques. She was just tired of all of the fighting. She wanted them to work out for good this time but how was that supposed to happen when they couldn't go an entire day without screaming at each other?