twenty three.

Her heart had stopped when she had gotten the phone call from Wilmer, demanding that she come to the hospital immediately because Harmony had been jumped in an alley by Target and the paramedics weren't sure what condition she was in. She had no choice but to take Isabella with her because she had been at the studio with her and they were there within ten minutes.

"I'm here to see my daughter, Harmony Lovato-Valderrama, she was just brought in," Demi breathed out, anxiously tapping the receptionist's desk with one hand and holding Isabella's hand with the other.

"She's in ER number four," the woman said and Demi thanked her before practically dragging Isabella down the hall. They stopped at the fourth room and she yanked the curtain back. Harmony was laying back on the bed crying with Wilmer next to her.

"What-"

"The officers already found the girls who jumped her and they're bringing them down here so that she can identify them. We're just waiting for the doctor to come and explain her injuries," Wilmer explained, smoothing Harmony's hair out of her face. Demi walked over to her daughter and went to cup her face but Harmony flinched away from her.

"Don't touch me!" Harmony looked terrible. Her right eye was completely swollen and the skin around it was black and purple. She had scratches on the side of her face and her lip was busted. The shirt she was in was bloody and practically glued to her skin. Demi wanted to cry at the sight of her but she also just wanted to stay calm for her because it was clear that she was already freaked out.

"Good evening, how are we today?" Demi raised her eyebrow at the doctor before narrowing her eyes. How did he think they were?

"I took some X-rays and the only major injuries that she has is four fractured ribs. We can tape those up and give her pain medication for that. I'm going to prescribe ibuprofen for her which she should take two times a day, but it does have the effect of drowsiness so she should be careful of when she takes them. As for her bruises and scratches the most we can do is put neosporan on them and wait for them to heal," the doctor instructed, writing out her prescription. Harmony had stopped crying but now she was quietly whimpering because of the pain that she was in.

Two police officers walked into the room with three girls and Harmony opened her eyes the best that she could. They had her Celine bag with all of her stuff in it and Harmony immediately recognized the girls from her school.

"That's them," she whispered. Wilmer nodded at the officers and took her bag back but one of them pulled Demi into the hall to talk to her.

"Harmony, what happened?" Isabella questioned, walking over to her sister's bed side.

"Karma," Harmony spat before closing her eyes again. Demi re entered the room looking more angry than sad and she locked eyes with Wilmer before looking at Harmony.

"You were buying weed?" Demi asked, causing Harmony's eyes to pop open.

"I-"

"Seriously Harmony? Your behavior really never ceases to amaze me. Why would you mess with that stuff?" Demi interrogated and Harmony screamed in frustration, sitting up in the bed despite the pain that it caused her.

"Because I'm stressed! Because my mother kicked me out and shipped me off to live with my father over some stupid pictures! Because I've been accused of doing something that I didn't do and now I'm being shipped off to England for it! That's why, mom! I don't care what you have to say anymore. I just want to go home," Harmony's voice got quieter towards the end and she fell back on the bed as Demi simply shrugged her shoulders and pulled her phone out.

"I'll see if we can get the discharge papers to get you out of here. Your flight leaves in three hours."

"Demi, are you serious right now? Our daughter just got jumped and you're still trying to send her off?" Wilmer interrupted as Demi firmly nodded. "No, she's not going anywhere."