thirteen.

"Harmony, when you do your extension your knee is bent and you're not even centered," Mia said so Harmony straightened her leg but she couldn't exactly move because of the position that she was in.

"Where is your center? If you don't find your center now, the entire dance will be off," Lauren and Sophia had already started their front walkovers and Harmony was just now bending over because she was trying to fix her spacing. The music stopped and so did the girls.

"And now you're an entire count behind. What is going on? I told you to fix your spacing and you act like you couldn't do that," Mia questioned, folding her arms over her chest and waiting for Harmony to reply when she was just trying to catch her breath.

"You guys aren't focused and this competition is in a little less than two weeks. Get it together or I'm scratching this trio. You're dismissed," Mia exited the room and Harmony collapsed on the floor as Sophia and Lauren did the same. Eight hours of school and then an extra six hours of dance was a bit much for anyone.

"Is your mom back yet?" Lauren asked, pulling her hair out of the ponytail that it was in and letting it cascade down her back.

"No...but I have an idea. Let's go get tattoos," Harmony squealed in excitement as Lauren defiantly shook her head but Sophia hopped up in agreement.

"Our parents have to sign for them and do you really think they'll do that?" Lauren questioned, heading towards the changing room as Harmony and Lauren did as well.

"Do you know who our parents are? I'm pretty sure if we want tattoos, we can get them. Plus, I know a guy. He did all of my mom's tattoos," Harmony slipped her leather jogging pants on and the crop top that she had worn with it before slipping her black Vans on as well. Sophia and Lauren got dressed too and soon they were all out the door, headed towards Harmony's car.

"Harmony, let's think about this for a minute. You just got out of trouble with both of your parents. Are you really willing to risk that all for a stupid tattoo?" Lauren questioned after tossing her bag into the backseat where Sophia had decided to sit.

"Yup, and I already know what I want. We should get matching ones. Let's hurry up before they close," in the back of her mind, Harmony knew that her parents would eventually find out about her tattoo and she would get into huge trouble for it, but then again, she just didn't care.

Demi had returned to California a little over a day ago but she was just now going home. She had spent some time clearing her head at her parents' house before finally going home and facing the heat. Both of the girls were out of school and Trey was at home with them so as soon as she walked in, everyone took notice.

"MOMMY!" Lyric hopped off of the bar stool and ran over to her mother. Even though Demi was tired and her body was sore, she gathered Lyric into her arms and kissed all over her face.

"I missed you mommy!" Lyric didn't mean to scream but she was so excited that it came out like that.

"I missed you too. How about you go down to the theater and pick out a movie for us to watch?" Demi suggested as Lyric eagerly nodded her head before running down to the theater.

"Hey mom," Harmony took her sweet time making it over to her mom, because she was sore as well, but for different reasons. Her tattoo ran all the way up the side of her torso and it was in the process of healing. Her hip and her back were hurting from dance too but she could make it through that pain.

"Hey, did you get my letter? I'm sorry for just leaving," Demi apologized, wrapping her arms around Harmony. They were both short but Harmony was just a tad bit taller than her. She got that from her dad.