~ The Mission ~

Hey guys! I'm back with another chapter, as promised! Hope ya enjoy!❤

Note: I kind of really hate how this chapter came out, it's kind of slow but please bear with me.😅 Also, sorry if there are any mistakes, I'm really tired I just wanted to be able to update as I said I would.

~ I just roll my eyes and walk out. "Whatever. C'mon, Blondie."~

Time Skip: Two Hours

Laxus' POV

        The old man made me come. Why the fuck did the old man make me come? There's plenty of other people who could've accompanied her. Why me?! Why not that masked idiot? I mentally scoff. Yeah, he would've loved the excuse to be alone with her, the bastard. Bix is a good friend, but... why the hell did I hate seeing him all over her? I was angry - no. I was pissed. But why?

        I look down at the short girl walking a few feet ahead of me. The mission had come from a small village, so small and out-of-the-way that we were forced to walk the rest of the way after an hour-and-a-half-long train ride. Ugh... I hate trains. Can't last three minutes on one of the damn things without getting the sudden urge to rid my stomach of its contents. I wish I could avoid trains as easily as this pretty little thing's avoiding me. Wait... PRETTY?! I look away, shaking my head. Damn... that motion-sickness must be worse than I had thought... 

        I turn my eyes toward her once more. She hasn't spoken much since we left, only addressing me as she deemed necessary and warning me against getting in her way. As if I could ever feel threatened by a being whose head barely reaches my chest... ME, of all people. With COMBAT MAGIC, no less. Ha, yeah right.

        Amidst her silent treatment, she hasn't even told me what the job is.

        I glare at the back of her head, but I feel my features start to soften as I watch her (H/L), (H/C) hair sway, back and forth. Such beautiful hair, moving in perfect hypnotic sync with her hips. And that ass... I feel the heat rising on my face as my gaze travels lower. I bite my lip and clear my throat, averting my gaze as I try to recompose myself.

        "So... what's the job?" I try for an answer once more, the silence between us tense.

        She doesn't even look back as she says "I've already told you; you'll get the run-down at our client's house." The tone in her voice made it sound as though she was explaining to a child why they couldn't have a cookie before dinner for the hundredth time; noticeably irked and forcibly calm.

        "Hmph..." I can't take it anymore. Just who the hell does she think she is? Treating me this way... can't even give me a straight fucking answer. I shove my hands into my pockets, and the long-held-back answer finally finds its rhythm on my vocal chords. "What the hell is your problem?"

        Y/N casts the smallest of glances over her shoulder. "Hmm?"

        "Don't play dumb. You know what I mean."

        She just pushes a low-hanging branch out of her path, smirking ever so slightly when it comes back to smack me in the chest as she lets go. "I'm sorry to say I don't... could you be a little more specific, please?"

        I growl, snapping the branch off and tossing it to the side. "Fine. What the hell is your problem with me?"

        She finally turns around to face me.