The Human Cavalry [2]

Slowly, people started piling back up at the main ground. Midnight was ecstatic. The sports festival this time was far more interesting than the other ones she'd been to.

"To the boy who placed first in the preliminaries, go ten million points!!" Midnight announced when the top 42 students gathered around her, and all of a sudden all the students started glaring at him, making Amamiya feel like he was back in his old middle school days.

Midnight then began to explain the next event: The Human Cavalry. Once the students had a grasp over the idea, each went their own ways, devising new strategies and picking teammates. Amamiya had a faint idea of who he wanted, but he wasn't sure if they'd agree.

Bakugo was getting swarmed by people. He absolutely did not like that as he proceeded to show his discomfort for nearly exploding somebody's face off. And after that, he asked, "What the fuck are you quirks again?" That sentence was enough to drive people away.

Amamiya walked over to Tetsutetsu first, who gladly agreed to join his team with the condition that he wanted to be in front. Which was where he was already supposed to be.

Then he walked over to Monoma with Tetsutetsu in tow, who hadn't gotten a team yet. As he tapped on his shoulder, he quickly spun around and basically started trash talking to him.

"Stooped so low, huh? Isn't anyone of your Class-A pals taking you in? Or is it because of your incompetence to protect your points?!"

Amamiya already felt like giving up.

"Listen, I'm here because you're the best suited for my plan. Even Tetsutetsu joined. I'll even fulfill a condition if you have a special request. We just need to survive in this round and then we'll be independent in the next one. Couldn't you put away your petty rivalry for 15 minutes?" Even though Monoma didn't want to agree, he was right. Monoma grit his teeth.

"We will not steal any points from my class. And, you'll never bring this up again after the cavalry battle." It wasn't a request. It was an order.

"Sure." He said as they shook hands. As their hands met, Monoma was surprised by the force that Amamiya's quirk held. Gray eyes questioned blue ones, as Amamiya just led him to the changing rooms. They still had about seven minutes before the event. He dug around his bag in the locker, through his personal diary and handed Monoma a page with the list of all his quirks with the corresponding emotions, and their drawbacks.

Amamiya was really just giving out his weak points.

"I'll tell you when to use which quirk and to use my quirk, you just need to focus on the emotion and when you do that, you'd just have to focus on the thing you want to do. But remember, clear your head before that. And if you aren't able to direct your powers at once, use your hands."

As both of them headed outside, Midnight finally announced for everybody to gather in front of her.

As they were waiting for the event to begin, Amamiya quietly whispered, "Try using my quirk with the Curiosity you can feel. If you remember what quirk it has lined up with it."

"Wake up, Eraserhead! Their fifteen minutes for forming teams and strategies are nearly up! And twelve warhorses have lined up on the field!" Present Mic announced since their break was nearly over.

"...Looks like we have quite the interesting lineups." Eraserhead said, eyeing the teams silently.

"NOW RAISE UP YOUR WARCRIES AND FIRE THE SIGNAL!!" Present Mic shouted on the top of his lungs on the mic.

----

"The reason I chose all of you, is because this is the battle formation with the most balance." Todoroki explained, "Kaminari, you're on the left. You'll send out some sparks to make sure that the enemy never gets too close. Yaoyorozu, you're on the right. You'll be making us an insulator sheet, plus whatever defense and mobility you can provide. Iida, you're at the front with your engine power. You'll be our physical defense as well."