Chapter Four

I laid there on my back, twirling the amber amulet that was around my neck and looking more closer at the design. The gemstone would be see-through if it wasn't for the plate behind it; The amulet glistened when beside the broad, bright moon that was nearly bigger than my bedroom window. A sharp SNAP! was heard. A medium sized stone hit against the window, disturbing the silence that rung through my ears. Letting the amulet drop to my chest, I stomped up to the window and opened it, ignoring the net covering most of my view to the dark driveway of our home. "Well isn't this romantic?" I whispered to him in an angry way, "You are now trying to sneak into my house by using stones." An unimpressed look on my face, I removed the netting and let Jack in eventually.

  "Well your parents told me it was too late and I should go back home." He said, trying to use his puppy dog face at me. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "So you couldn't have tapped on my window?" He looked at the ground. "I would've scared the crap out of you." I was about to turn towards my computer when he put his hand on my shoulder.

"When did you get a necklace?" His eyes seemed to be concentrating hard on my amulet. Clearing my throat, I corrected him. "Ah, it's an amulet, Jack. My grandmother gave it to me." The silence stuck between us and Jack left the house after an hour or so. As complete silence rung in my ears, even stronger than when he was here, I laid back down on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a while before falling asleep.

  ^###^

  The dark blanketed over everything in the room, streaks of the outside had sneaked through the curtains to the carpeted floor, dark but still lighter than the rest of the room. The bedroom in my mansion was darker than that, but that lighter shade of darkness made me uncomfortable, homesick. I already cried myself to sleep, but I woke up hours later, not able to cry anymore. I tried not blinking, it worked, but my eyes watered for no sad reason. Finally, I gave up on sleep and crying for the rest of the morning. I got out of the comfortable bed and stood in the cold air in a short white nightgown. No idea what to do next, I dragged a maroon comforter off the bed and sat on the thick blanket, wrapping it around me also. It made me warm, but also chilly since I had wrapped myself around the outside of the blanket that sat in the cold.

  Still wrapped around me with one hand clasped over the two ends like I held a cloak, I walked into the hallway with bare feet. In the mansion, if you stepped on the marble flooring bare-footed, you would think standing on metal outside while it's snowing was warmer. Trust me, I even tried it. The livingroom was yellow all around from the lamps and quite warm. I silently sighed, happy I wasn;t alone. The room felt unnaturally light since the sky was still black. Walking totally out of the hallway, Aunt Mary was on the couch with the old timey television in front of her. The buzzing entered my head. Shutting off the television after seeing the she was dead asleep, I sat on the cozy brown recliner next to her. Silence screeched in my head, no  one snored lightly or heavily... I got nervous. My heart started to quicken as I saw and heard a difference between sleeping and what she was in. Wait, was Mary completely unconscious? The shrieking silence stopped and a feeling kicked into my gut. Someone was behind-. 

 ^###^

  "That's it," I glared at him. He only smirked at me and started leaning towards me, my back against a beige brick wall. His breath was awful. Worse than rotten milk and eggs together. Gagging, I pushed him away as hard as I could, testing if he'd burst my bubble again. Yep, he did. Annoyance and rage poured inside me and I balled my strongest hand into a fist. Swinging at his jaw, my fist hit his nose instead, making a slight cracking sound as it hit it. Staggering back, he fell to his knees and I ran through my chance to get away from this stalker. Checking behind me every few seconds until he was only a speck, I hid behind the trashcan of a vacant house. Thankfully, I was not at school. I had been walking home when the guy started following me. I had never seen him in my school before and not one thing made him familiar to me.  I found out he was stalking me when I had started jogging. (Non-active dude plus jogging equals heavy panting really fast.)