< 35 > (Epilogue)

"We had great memories together, but we shouldn't start over in hopes to keep them alive"

Not in a million years would she have expected to tell Hanbin these words, not even in her wildest dreams. The times she was dreaming about him mostly involved them being happy together and back to the good times from before, this time however gave her a view over the reality.

This wasn't a romantic get together or making up, it was ending a chapter that was meant to end long ago. As the author of her own story, Lisa refused to come to an end regarding her first issue and put her protagonist through an emotional rollercoaster. It would have been too easy to just get over precious memories, Lisa assumed that this was exactly the path she was meant to choose. She had to go through the process of disappointment in order to find something even more vulnerable to her.

"You seem confident in your decision, are you?", he asked after listening to her words and allowing a long pause.

Was she confident in her decision? A few weeks ago she would have answered no, but she came many realisations and this decision was one of them. There was definitely no point in pretending to want something, when it was more than clear that it was something else she wanted.

"I am and I hope you will respect my decision", she responded nodding.

He nodded as well, looking at the ground in slight disappointment. Lisa immediately sensed that not only her, but him too, saw this one coming - both of them knew that they weren't going to end up together again, because their love wasn't strong enough to fight the odds. And although Lisa was satisfied with her decision to refuse starting over, it hit her to see her first love like that. She knew he would still support her, because that's just who Hanbin was, but the disappointment in his eyes reminded her a lot of herself from before.

It felt like her younger self was standing beside her in this exact moment. She was trying not to cry while looking at Hanbin and her present self watched both of them in regret. Not the kind of regret that wished for them to get back, but instead Lisa wished she would have been able to give her past self and Hanbin more memories to remember during hard times.

"Regardless, I'm still thankful for everything you have done for me, I will remember you as a good person", Hanbin was able to say after a while of scanning his surroundings.

He stepped forward, stroking her head affectionately like he always did before, smiling at her from above. Then he let go and stepped backwards, attempting to leave.

"Goodbye", Lisa said.

But Hanbin didn't do the same, making Lisa remember how much he hated to say goodbye to her, whenever they met secretly. He always told her to say nothing instead of saying goodbye, because it reminded him that she wasn't there all the time.

"Goodbye goodbye, if only I knew we'd say goodbye", he took her by surprise by quietly singing while walking away with his back faced towards her. "sounds like a good song, huh? How about we name it goodbye road?"

Lisa turned her head to the right, assuming her past self was still standing there, but there was no one.

And just like that her first love was over.

°°°

"It's simple, you just have to give me a maximum of 15 minutes", Lisa spoke through her phone and heard Jennie snicker beside her.

"She's going to send him to heaven hehe", Jennie commented in a perverted manner and made Taehyung gasp, while Lisa's face started to match her almost red hair colour.

"Eonnie!"

"But aren't 15 minutes too short, Lis? He may act like a baby, but he is definitely a man that needs a lot of-"

"Taehyung!"

All Lisa wanted to do is surprising Jungkook at his dorm, since it was his birthday and she ignored him on purpose. He was always the one taking a step forward to get them closer, but this time Lisa wanted to catch him off guard.

"Alright, just go and make that boy happy, he is all sulky, because you didn't congratulate him", Taehyung almost pleaded and Lisa readily passed by him to go and slowly enter Jungkook's room. She knew Jungkook wouldn't have heard their conversation, because Taehyung assured them before that he was aggressively playing overwatch.

Lisa tiptoed into his room and found him sitting in front of his computer, headphones on and taking a break while scrolling through something on his phone.

Warmth spread inside her stomach as she simply watched him do the most typical things. They weren't able to meet for long, since Blackpink and BTS's schedules were packed, mostly BTS being busy. And as if they didn't see each other for years, Lisa wrapped her arms around him from behind, clearly catching him off-guard.

"Lis?", although she scared him at first, it disappeared and instead he sounded happy to feel her warmth mix with his.

"Happy birthday, sulky boy", she congratulated him and kissed his cheek, baffling him yet again. This time however, he stood up after she let go of him and made his way to her to properly hug her.

Jungkook knew that Lisa came a long way to accept his feelings and her own as well, which was why this act of affection touched his heart more than any of her words could, although he has been craving to hear her say a specific sentence to him.

"I love you"

And just like she read his mind, the words left her lips in such a loving way that made Jungkook wish, he had the ability to rewind past events. He loved when she said his name, but hearing her say the sentence he wanted to hear for so long, it was much better than any present.

"I love you too... I", he stuttered, still trying to progress the power her words held and she had the nerve to innocently smile at him, like her words weren't the reason the butterflies in his stomach went crazy. "I can't imagine a world without me in it to love you"

This time it was her insides that went crazy for him and Lisa realised again, that choosing Jungkook was the best thing she could have done.

He loved her for everything she was, something Lisa couldn't believe anyone would do.

She pushed him away several times, but he still didn't let go, knowing that she would eventually hold onto him once she had the strength to get over the past.

It had been Jungkook all the time.

"And I can't imagine a world without me in it to love you back", she whispered, slowly leaning in as he did the same. This time, it wasn't panic but love in her eyes, as she looked into his eyes.

Their lips touching underlined the obvious.

Their fate was signed right from the beginning.

^*^*^*^*

The End.

Yes guys, this is the official ending of signed fate and I'm so proud for pulling myself together to finish this book.

As you have probably read, this book was written by me while I was in the middle of a messy break up (for those who asked, I'm doing perfectly well and crushes do have an expiring date so don't worry about me hihi <3) so basically this book was lowkey a way to cope with my feelings. I'm someone that easily gets attached to people, which is why I consider almost every failed relationship a loss - however I figured that there are some things that are meant to be the way they are!

Long story cut short: I am so thankful for you all reading this book, you can't imagine how much I enjoy opening wattpad to see all these people vote for each chapter. Honestly, thank you so much.

And as I mentioned in the previous chapter, this book won't be the last of me. I published a new book named tomorrow's diary and hope to see you all support me on there as well. (No Hanlice, I promise lol)

see u my loves
xoxo