PROLOGUE.

PROLOGUE.
a new beginning

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The wind howled as it blew throughout the land of Arvala-7. The sun shined softly against my skin, warming up my whole body. Everything was calm; the day went rather smoothly and nothing bad seemed to happened.

My shoulders tensed up as I carried a large bin full of mechanical parts to my campsite for a new project of mine. As I reached closer to the village, I placed the bin down for a quick break. I sighed, sitting myself down on a nearby boulder.

"Adalyn," A voice called out to me. I turned around, facing the owner of that familiar voice. "What have you been up to?"

"You're back," I smiled, taking a part from out of the bin and showing it to the friendly face. "I've decided to work on a new project before it's too late and.. they come and find me."

"You've been working hard." He rode over to me on his blurrg and handed me a container full of water. "You should take a break."

"Thank you, Kuiil." I said, taking the container from out of his hand and drinking the water. He turned back around, preparing to go on his way, until I called out to him. "But, I've been thinking.."

"Yes?"

"You never know when they'll find where I am; they might be everywhere, ready to attack.. take me away to who knows where."

He hesitated for moment, then quickly changed the subject. "I'll head back to camp first. We still have a long way to go.. I'll see you later."

I just sat there, watching his silhouette grow smaller as he continued on his path to the camp on his blurrg. I ran a hand through my hair, shifting my gaze over to the horizon.

After a while, I chugged the rest of the water down and placed the container into the bag of mine. I stood up, grabbed the bin, and began to walk on the path to the camp.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Jawas began to surround me, trying to steal the parts from inside my bin. I waved my hand around, attempting to scare them away. Soon, more started to crowd around me.

"Hey! Go away!" I exclaimed in Jawa, pulling the bin closer to my chest. "Or else I'm gonna take your machines..!"

They began to murmur amongst themselves before finally leaving me, frustrated with one another. I cursed under my breath, relieved that they left me alone.

As I continued to walk down the path to the camp, there was a strong sense within me, radiating off an energy that I couldn't quite explain. I stopped right in my tracks, biting my lip as I tried to ignore the feeling. Even though I tried to shut it out, it only grew stronger; eventually causing a headache.

I groaned, dropping the bin in my hands and holding my head due to the pain. I turned towards the direction where the strong force was telling me to go. Its energy grew stronger and stronger the closer I got to the place.

Suddenly, the pain went away. I looked around, noticing that I had reached the top of a hill. My eyes narrowed in on a man in armor, trying to fight off two blurrgs with his weapons; he was failing miserably.

I raised an eyebrow and grabbed one of my tranquilizer rifles from my bag. I pointed it at the two blurrgs and shot them right in their sides.

The man sat up from laying on the ground, breathing heavily, and looked towards my direction. I scoffed, walking down the hill and over to the man. I placed my rifle back in my bag and stood right in front of him.

"Thanks.." He huffed breathlessly, taking his arm out of a blurrg's mouth. I had recognized his armor; it was from Mandalore -- he was a Mandalorian. What was a Mandalorian doing here?

"You.." I started, narrowing my eyes down on his helmet. "You're a bounty hunter."

"Yes."

"I know a hunter when I see one," I muttered under my breath, crossing my arms. "What do you want from this place?"

He shuffled around on the floor awkwardly. He didn't seem like the talkative type. Just then, the man stood up, struggling to get onto his feet without hurting himself too much.

I felt a bit of empathy for this hunter, which was strange -- I've always had a huge grudge on bounty hunters after...

I gently grabbed his arm and examined it for any major injuries. I couldn't see through his helmet, but I could tell he was surprised.

"I'm not hurt."

"I'm just making sure," I replied. "Look, let me bring you back to the camp that I stay in. You're injuries are minor, but it's possible for infections to spread if you're not careful."

I looked up into his helmet and signaled him to follow me. He hesitated for a moment before nodding, following close behind.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Adalyn!" Kuiil ran up to me, keeping his eyes on the armored man. "Who is this man?"

"A bounty hunter."

I continued to guide the Mandalorian to my tent, Kuiil following close behind. "Bounty hunter?"

"Yes.." The man responded, watching me as I got out the medical kit. He sat down on my bed as I walked over to him, opening up the kit. I got out a roll of bandages and began wrapping up his arm over his clothes. Kuiil stared at the man for a second then sighed.

".. I will help you." He said, looking confidently at the bounty hunter. I immediately stopped what I was doing and turned to look at Kuiil.

"What?" I snickered. "But, Kuiil, you promised me--"

"I have spoken..!" He interrupted sternly. He turned to look at the Mandalorian with a firm expression. "Many have passed through; they seek the same one as you."

I scoffed aggressively, tightening the bandage around the armored man's arm. He grunted a little at my touch. I tore the bandage with my hands and tied the ends with a small knot.

"Did you help them?" The man asked Kuiil.

"Yes."

I grabbed the kit and shoved it back into my cabinet. "And they died."

"Well, then," The man shrugged. "I don't know if I want your help."

"You do." Kuiil responded, looking at me as I rolled my eyes. "I can show you to the encampment."

"What's your cut?"

"Half."

"Half the bounty to guide?" The man shook his head. "Seems steep."

"No," I chimed in as they both turned to look at me. "He means half of the blurrgs you helped capture."

"The blurrgs?" He tilted his head at me, confused. He then turned to look at Kuiil, "You can keep them both."

"No, you will need one. To ride." Kuiil said, crossing his arms. "The way is impossible to pass without a blurrg mount."

".. I don't know how to ride blurrg."

"I have spoken," Kuiil said, walking up to the man. "You shall stay the night. Adalyn will teach you first thing in the morning."

"What?" My eyes widened as I looked at the armored man with shock.

"I--" The man hesitated and thought to himself for a moment. I narrowed my eyes down at him and glared, hoping he would decline.. but I was wrong. With the nod of the head, he said, "Thank you."