4.2

FOURTY-TWO.
a mandalorian and a jedi

🔹️🔹️🔹️

We continued to walk through the underground tunnels to get to the Mandalorian covert. Once we made it to an intersection, we stopped to look around. Greef dropped Mando's arm and turned to face him.

"Do you know which way to go?"

"No, I don't know these tunnels." Mando replied, guessing that we had to take a right turn. "I've only entered from the bazaar."

Mando was growing stronger by the second after being healed by IG-11. But he still struggled to walk. He was grunting in pain the whole time we walked. It must've hurt him when he'd put pressure on his whole body.

Greef broke the silence, "Well, if we get the smell of sulfur and we follow it, it'll lead us up to the plains where the river flows."

"So the Imperials can catch us before we make it to the ship?" I replied, shaking my head. "No way."

"We need the Mandalorians to escort us to safety." Mando added. We walked on for a bit longer; it was slowly growing more tedious by the second.

"Ugh, this place is a maze." Cara complained, swinging the flashlight around. At the next intersection, Mando halted.

"Stop." He commanded. Everyone froze in place and stared at him. He slowly pulled his arm away from Cara. ".. I can stand."

"The bacta infusion is working." IG-11 announced.

I bit my lower lip, staring sadly at my left arm -- it still couldn't move. I could use the Force to heal it.. but my energy level wasn't strong enough to use that ability yet.

I gripped onto my left arm out of frustration. Mando looked at me and seemed to relax his shoulders a little.

"I'll try to find tracks." He said to everyone, leading the way. He pointed to the left side. "We're close; turn here."

We followed Mando as he walked ahead of us. He seemed to be in better health; I couldn't help but admire him from afar. After a couple of minutes had passed, Mando had finally led us all the way to the Mandalorian enclave.

However, the enclave was strangely quiet and empty. Everyone looked around the room in silence. I shifted my gaze onto Mando and noticed something -- he was just standing still. My eyes traveled down his headlight's light, and almost immediately, my body froze.

Mandalorian armor and helmets were stacked on top each other in a messy pile.

My head hurt like crazy. This scene reminded me of my father and his Mandalorian armor. The day he was.. murdered, his armor was scattered all over the floor.

It was hard to breathe and I felt paralyzed. The armor on the floor began to bring me back to those haunted memories. I gulped.

'What on earth happened here..?'

Mando turned off his headlight and slowly walked towards the pile. He kneeled, letting the weight of his body pull him down. He picked up one of the helmets and stared at it in silence.