2.1

TWENTY-ONE.
untold secrets

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"You feeling any better, sweetheart?" Toro asked, turning to look at me as I leaned against my speeder bike.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, hiding a scowl behind pursed lips. "You're on lookout, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah." He snickered, turning back around with a blaster in his hand.

I sighed, watching Mando as he leaned up against my speeder bike. After taking a quick glance at me, he shifted his gaze over to my wound.

"You probably wanna change the bandage," He stated while looking down at the bloody bandage on my leg. "Looks pretty bad."

"Hold on," I said, unravelling the bandage on my right leg. I winced as specks of sand grazed my wound, causing it to sting even more. "I want to try something.."

Mando tilted his head to the side a little as if he was confused. I closed my eyes, placing my hands over my leg. I reached out to the Force with my mind, focusing all of my energy on healing the wound.

Slowly, the pain disappeared as I continued to reach deeper and deeper within the Force. Just then, I opened my eyes and saw that the wound had completely healed -- it was gone. I looked up at Mando as he stared at me; even though I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was shocked.

"How.." He stumbled on his words. "How did you do that..?"

"Do what?" Toro asked, interrupting our conversation. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose with annoyance.

"Lookout. Toro."

"Fine.. jeez, sweetheart." He responded with a hint of frustration in his voice.

I shook my head, crossing my arms as I turned to face Mando again. I shrugged, keeping my voice low so that Toro wouldn't hear me. "It's.. a part of a skill -- one that takes patience to fully understand its power."

"Hold on, does the kid have this too? The healing?" Mando asked, keeping his eyes on me. I pursed my lips, looking out into the distance.

"I'm not sure," I replied. "I guess we'll just have to see.."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

It was starting to get darker when I had opened my eyes, awaking from my nap. I turned to look over at Mando.. and saw that my head was resting on his shoulder. My eyes widened, my cheeks flushing a deep red.

I sat up, my face growing warmer in temperature. I slid a few inches away from him, covering my face with my hands. That's when Toro turned around to come tell us that it was time to get back to work.

"Hey, sweetheart..! The suns are down; time to ride." He winked, walking over to me. He glared at the sleeping Mandalorian before speaking to me again, "Well, seems like you slept well."

I shrugged, pulling my hands away from my face. "Sure, I guess you could say that."

"What happened to your wound?" He asked crossing his arms as he stared at my leg. "How'd it heal so fast?"

"It's nothing, Toro." I said, standing up and stretching. He gave me a doubtful expression, frowning.

"Yeah, right, I know you're hiding something." He muttered to himself. "Of course, you'd go and tell Mando everything."

I sighed, "Look, can we talk about this later?"

"Hey," He said, taking a step closer to me. "What do you even see in him?"