2.6

TWENTY-SIX.
his face

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Will you sit down..!" Xi'an barked, glaring at Burg.

He punched the top of the ship, angrily in response. She hissed, twirling a dagger around her fingers as they stared at one another angrily. Burg and the rest of the gang broke the tough silence, laughing.

I felt extremely uncomfortable as I sat on top of a nearby crate, crossing my arms and legs. Mayfeld turned to me, chuckling, "Why so tense? We're not gonna hurt you."

".. yet." Xi'an gave me an evil grin. I rolled my eyes, watching as Burg walked over to one of the ship's controllers.

I snapped, standing up. "Hey--"

"Relax," Mayfeld scoffed. "It's not like he's gonna break the ship or anything."

I sat back down, keeping an eye on Burg. Just then, I felt the ship go into hyperspace, reminding me of the good old days with Luke and the others on the Millennium Falcon.

A few moments later, I heard the sound of a door opening. I felt my heart drop; worried that Burg might've found where the child was. To my relief, Burg had just figured out how to open the covert full of weapons.

Burg laughed out loud, admiring all the weapons and rifles that Mando owned. As if on cue, Mando had dropped down from above the top level.

I gave him a quick glance before standing up and walking over to the controller, closing the covert. I rolled my eyes, "They're not yours."

Burg slammed his fist onto the covert's closed door, turning around to face me. He groaned in frustration and towered over me. I gave him a dark stare, furrowing my eyebrows.

Just as he was about to hit me, Mando stepped in front of me and blocked his attack. He then shoved Burg's fist away from him aggressively.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Mayfeld exclaimed, trying to break the boys apart. "Okay, okay, okay -- I get it. I'm a little particular with my personal space too."

Mando and Burg glared at eachother, circling around one another like male lions about to fight. They stopped once I stepped in between them, "That's enough."

Mando stood in front of the covert as he kept his eyes on Burg's. Mando growled, shifting his gaze onto mine. I relaxed my shoulders and walked over to stand next to him.

"Yeah, so let's just do this job," Mayfeld announced, leaning forward as he turned to face us. "We get in, we get out, and you guys don't have to see our faces anymore."

Burg snarled, "Someone tell me why we even need a Mandalorian and this girl."

"Well, apparently the Mandalorians are the greatest warriors in the galaxy.." Mayfeld said sarcastically. ".. so they say."

"Then why are they all dead?" Burg laughed, causing the others to laugh with him as well.

I clenched my teeth, trying to hold myself back from lashing out at them. I turned to take a peek at Mando, but all I could see was his helmet; no emotion.

"Well, you flew with him, Xi'an," Mayfeld smirked. "Is he as good as they say?"

She didn't even look up to speak; she just kept her eyes on her dagger. "Ask him about the job on Alzoc III."

".. I did what I had to." Mando replied, sounding as if he was annoyed or frustrated.

"Oh, but you liked it," Xi'an gave him an eerie smile. "See, at least I know who you really are.. compared to that foolish girl of yours--"