0.9

NINE.
the deceitful knight

• • •

《Adalyn's P.O.V》

• • •

"Get off!" I exclaimed, shoving the stormtrooper's hands off my arms. I growled under my breath. I felt a rush of anger build up inside my body as they pushed me forward into another room.

'How could he?' I thought to myself, while they cuffed me to a chair in the room. Inside the room was the child and a doctor.

"If you try to go anywhere, we will not hesitate to shoot you." The stormtrooper said before turning to the doctor. "And you, Dr. Pershing -- don't you dare let her leave this room or you'll be done for."

"O-Okay..!" Dr. Pershing exclaimed, holding his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering. The stormtrooper looked at the others, then finally left the room to guard the door.

I mocked them under my breath, leaning against the chair I was cuffed to. I turned my gaze onto the child as he cooed at me. Just then, I felt another rush of angrier as the scientist grabbed the child and placed him in a small chamber.

"What are you gonna do to him?" I asked, clenching my fists. Dr. Pershing turned to look at me, his hands trembling.

He ignored me and covered the child with a glass lid. He seemed to be intimidated by me but didn't wanna show it.

"I asked nicely, Doc," I growled. "Don't make me force the words out of your mouth."

".. Now I know why 'he'--"

"Are you going to answer me or not?" I interrupted as I felt my hands shake with frustration.

"F-Fine!" Dr. Pershing stammered, pressing a button to release a type of sleeping gas inside the chamber. "I'm just checking its health! If anything, I'm protecting the child..!"

"I don't know if I believe you." I scoffed, leaning forward on the chair. "You're just like the others."

Dr. Pershing turned back around with a frightened look on his face. He continued on with what he was doing with the chamber. I kept my eye on the child, making sure the doctor wasn't going to do anything bad to him.

It had been almost a few hours of staying inside that horrible room with the child and scientist. It was very quiet until the Client stepped into the room with a very vicious look. I glared at him as he trudged across the room. The Client turned to the doctor and whispered something in his ear, causing him to leave the room almost immediately. The Client moved near me, keeping his eyes on mine.

"I expected you to be more.." He stopped only a few feet away from me. ".. violent."

"Is that what he told you?" I leaned back on my chair, crossing my legs.

"It is merely a part of what he told me." He shook his head, walking over towards the child's chamber. "But you have such an infamous reputation in the Empire -- I thought you be a lot more barbaric."

"Barbaric?" I scowled, a slight smile growing on the corner of my lips. "That's what the foolish ex-Empire thinks of me--?"