3.6

THIRTY-SIX.
the mysterious man

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Stormtroopers and scout troopers.. they were everywhere in this town. I took a deep breath in, making sure to hide my emissary belt with my jacket before we had arrived. We approached the gate of the town, which was guarded by two scout troopers, relaxing on their 74-Z speeder bikes.

Mando looked over at me as I glanced at him with a somewhat concerned expression on my face. We then shifted our gazes back onto the troopers.

While we walked up to one of the scout troopers, the rest of them just stared at us curiously. Greef quickly took the lead and marched ahead of us.

The scout trooper stood up from sitting on his bike and asked, "Chain code?"

"I have a gift for the boss." Greef replied, pointing at us. However, the scout trooper wasn't having any of his excuses.

"Chain code."

Greef paused for a moment then rolled his eyes, taking out his chain code from the inside of his jacket. The scout trooper took it and scanned the code. The trooper looked up at Mando before continuing on with the scanning.

"I'll give you 20 credits for the helmet."

"Ha-ha, not a chance!" Greef laughed, playing along so nobody would get suspicious. "That's going on my wall."

'Very smooth.." I thought to myself sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"On your wall..?" Mando muttered softly to Greef, mocking him. I pursed my lips, stifling a laugh. Greef tilted his head to the side and whispered over to Mando:

"Just go with it.."

The scout trooper glanced over at me, observing my facial features. He whistled, "And what about that pretty thing over there? She looks like a prize."

I scoffed, clenching my teeth at his remark. Mando  rolled his head, clearly bothered and annoyed. Greef chuckled nervously.

"She's for the boss, I'm afraid."

"Well, that's too bad." The scout trooper on the other bike stated. I rolled my eyes.

That's when the trooper had finished with the scanning and had handed back Greef's chain code. The scout trooper announced, "Go ahead."

For show, Greef aggressively pushed Mando while Cara shoved me forward. We walked alongside one another with Cara and Greef on the ends, Mando and I in the middle, and the 'child' between the both of us. We didn't talk much but when we did, we made sure to do it discreetly.

"You said four," Cara growled, glancing at Greef. "There are more than four troopers."

"There are four guarding the Client. Many more here in town," He responded, keeping his eyes forward. "Things got really heated when Mando crashed the safehouse."

".. Slip him his blaster." Cara said, changing the subject while glaring at Greef.

He shook his head, "Not yet."