2.2

TWENTY-TWO.
greed's awakening

🔹️🔹️🔹️

".. and a Jedi."

My eyes widened as I felt my heart drop, hearing that word had made me feel.. uneasy. I curled my hands up into fists, trying to hold myself back from showing any anger.

Mando took a quick glance at me as if he was confused. I took a deep breath out, narrowing my eyes down on that despicable mercenary.

"It's been a long time since I've seen one of both your kinds." Fennec announced, standing up to face us. She turned to look at me, "The Jedi Order seemed to have disappeared ever since.. that poor, poor tragedy--"

"You don't know what you're talking about." I snapped, glaring at her.

"You're right," She laughed at me, shaking her head. "I don't.. but everyone knows that the Battle of Endor was the only thing that had actually worked to save your kind."

"That's enough."

She smiled, watching me as I grew angrier. "But you Jedi are just as evil as the Sith; all wrapped up inside of your own fear, hatred--"

"Watch that mouth of yours," I growled through clenched teeth. "Or you might as well just regret it."

She rolled her eyes, turning to look at Mando. "Anyways, ever been to Nevarro? I hear things didn't go so well there, but it looks like you got off easy."

As if on cue, Toro dug up his blaster from out of the sand, twirling the weapon around his fingers before placing it back in his belt. He looked over at Fennec with a smirk.

"You don't have to worry about gettin' to Nevarro, or anywhere else, once we turn you in."

Mando pushed Fennec towards the direction of where Toro stood. I walked forward, following them from behind. Toro looked over at me with gentle eyes, but they soon turned cold as he shifted his gaze back onto Fennec.

"You know, I really should thank you." He said to her with a sneer. "You're my ticket into the Guild."

"You're welcome." She scoffed as Mando led her over to the speeder bikes.

I followed them; Toro held his blaster in hand, keeping his eyes on Fennec. Just then, we had realized that there were only two bikes.. since Mando's had been shot down. Fennec smirked at Mando.

"Uh-oh, looks like one of us has to walk."

Mando pushed Fennec onto the ground, causing her to sit down with a stern look on her face. He replied, "Or we could drag you."

Mando, Toro, and I walked a couple of feet away from Fennec to discuss plans. Toro looked at me and Mando with a sigh.

"Alright, so what's the plan?"

I pursed my lips, "Mando and I can share a bike--"

"Nope, not happening." Toro snickered, crossing his arms.

Mando rolled his head, "Then I need you to go find that dewback we saw."

"And leave you here? With my bounty, my ride, and sweetheart?" Toro shook his head with a bit of an attitude. "Yeah, I don't think so, Mando."

Mando paused, looking out into the distance through his helmet's lenses for any sign of the dewback. I sighed, "I'll do it, then."

They both turned to look at me, "What?"

"Just watch your asset and don't let her get near the bikes, big guy. She's no good to us dead." I said to Toro, recieving a small wink from him in response. I turned to Mando, "Keep an eye on them."