2.7

TWENTY-SEVEN.
complicated teamwork

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Silence filled the room as the tension grew stronger. Mayfeld peeked his head through the bottom exit of the Razor Crest, looking out for any security droids. He pulled himself back up before carefully dropping himself down the hull.

After a few more moments of waiting, we heard Mayfeld speak in a loud and clear voice, "Zero, get us to the control room."

Xi'an hissed, leaving the exit with a twirl. Mando turned to look at me as Burg dropped down onto the New Republic's prison ship.

"Sub level three," We heard Zero announce through Mayfeld's com. "Disabling onboard surveillance."

I took a deep breath in, feeling my hands grow cold as I began to have second thoughts about the mission. Mando sighed, keeping his eyes on me while I stared at the exit.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "I'll go first."

I watched him silently jump down from the Razor Crest and onto the prison ship's floor. He looked up at me, signaling that it was my turn.

I swiftly swung down from the exit's pole, landing on my hands and feet. Mando pulled out a rifle of his as we both walked over to where Mayfeld and the rest of the gang were.

"Alright, we're on the clock," Mayfeld announced, taking out his blasters. "When we engage those droids, they're gonna be all over us."

"I know the drill." Mando replied, taking a look around the prison ship as I grabbed my blaster and placed it in my hand.

"Bio trackers activated,"  Zero said. "I've got eyes."

"Alright, let's go." Mayfeld quietly exclaimed. He ran through the halls of the prison ship, guiding us to the control room.

We all held our weapons close to our faces, prepared to shoot whenever we needed to. Mayfeld slowly began to walk as prisoners peeked out of their cells, staring at us. Mando and I looked around at all of them, creeped out.

I narrowed my eyes down on everyone, "I don't like this."

"Well, you must've gotten it from Mando," Xi'an rolled her eyes. "And I would know, of course -- he was always paranoid."

"Is that true, Mando?" Mayfeld scoffed, mocking him. "Were you always paranoid?"

Just then, an alien prisoner springed up at us as it made threatening noises. I jumped up in surprise, accidentally bumping into Mando's chest. I cursed under my breath, pushing myself away from him in embarrassment.

Mando stared at me for a split second before continuing on to the control room. Burg and Xi'an snarled at the prisoner, laughing as if they were amused.

"Approaching control room,"  Zero's voice announced from the speaker. "Make a left at the next juncture."

Mayfeld took the lead, peeking out from behind a wall. He turned to us, nodding as Mando ran forward. He pointed his rifle out in front of him, signaling for us to move.

Burg, Xi'an, and I walked forward with gentle footsteps. Mando and Mayfeld retreated from their positions and followed us from behind.

As if on cue, a droid popped out from another hallway, surprising us. We all, impulsively, pulled out our blasters and weapons, aiming them at the droid.

"What? It's just a little mousey." Burg chuckled, leaning forward as he hid his blaster behind his back. He slowly approached the little droid, but the droid began backing up as if it was scared. "Come here, little mousey."