𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

KEEPING THEIR HEADS down, Sevara and Mando wove through the streets of the rocky planet. The two of them kept close, with their arms brushing together as they turned a sharp corner, leading to a deserted alleyway. The light was minimal as they were bathed in shadows, creeping through the back lanes that would guide them to the Client's dwellings. Mando extended a hand, keeping Sevara back as he looked around the corner, scanning it for any foes. Once the coast was deemed clear, he beckoned her to follow him as he advanced towards their destination.

They inched towards another dark street, with Mando came to a halt, his body stiffening as a dumpster filled to the brim with an array of scraps and rubbish came into view. As Sevara peeked over his shoulder, her eyes widened at the sight of the child's white pod that had been discarded among the trash. Quietly, she asked Mando, "Do you think it's okay?"

"I don't know," he said, surveying the surrounding street. After a moments consideration, he reached out and laced Sevara's fingers with his, pulling her along as he stationed himself by a storm drain. Mando glanced at her, then at the length of the wall the drain was attached to, asking, "How good are you climbing skills?"

Sevara took a half-step forward, raising her head as she looked over the height, saying, "Mediocre at best, but I'll give it a go." Pulling her hand from his, she pocketed her blaster and proceeded to wrap her fingers around the cool metal of the storm drain. Sevara looked to Mando, asking, "Can you give me a boost?"

Nodding, he kneeled down and cupped his palms before her. With a light step, Sevara hauled herself upwards accompanied by the swift push of Mando's hands, clinging to the drain as she plastered her feet to the wall and inched towards the edge of the roof. Her muscles burned, having not climbed without the assistance of a ladder in years, but after a few moments of slight struggle, she was able to grip the edge and pull her weight across it. Breathing heavily, she slumped against the concrete as Mando joined her a moment later.

Mando got down low, motioning for Sevara to stay put as he settled across the edge with his rifle aimed high, hidden and out of sight. As he lay there, he alternated certain switches and buttons on the side of his weapon, watching intently at the building where the Client was situated. After a moment or so, Mando crawled back towards Sevara and beckoned her to follow suit as he jumped down from the roof. Raising his arms, he caught Sevara as she hesitantly made the leap, landing safely in his arms.

Hurriedly, Mando set Sevara on her feet and pulled her along to the familiar door, turning to her briefly and asking, "Are you sure you still want to come?"

She nodded briskly, saying, "Yes. The child needs us, of course I'm coming."

"Okay," he said, raising his fist to the door.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

AS HE POUNDED against the steel, the small, spherical droid appeared from within the wall beside them, speaking the same unfamiliar dialect as before. Mando grasped it in his hand and pried the sphere from the rod it was attached to, resulting in a flickering of flames and crackle of electricity. Without a second glance, Mando grabbed Sevara's hand and guided her away from the door, turning a sharp corner as a muttering of Stormtroopers sounded, saying, "Check the perimeter."

Mando lead her to the back of the building, pulling out a small, circular device and securing it to the face of the wall. He wrapped his fingers around Sevara's wrist as he guided her around the corner, pushing her up against the wall with his chest flush against hers, protecting her with his beskar from the aftermath of the explosion.

A flash of falling debris and a sudden plunge into darkness circulated in Sevara's mind as the loud bang of the explosion sent a shiver down her spine. Subconsciously, her fingertips brushed against the slight scars that littered her arms and shoulders as she recalled a similar event deep within the Mines that caused them.

Pushing the memories from her mind, she refocused on their task at hand, raising her blaster as she followed Mando through the jagged hole that had been blown through the once smooth, concrete wall. In a low voice, Mando whispered, "Just follow my lead and try not to get shot, okay?"

Sevara nodded, ducking behind a stack of crates as her vision caught the approaching armour of the Stormtroopers, who raised their weapons high along with the shining of their torches in search of the intruders. As they crept past the two of them, Mando shot to his feet, blasting them from behind. As their bodies slumped against the cool floor, Mando gazed down at them, quickly beckoning Sevara to duck once more as a door slid open, revealing another Stormtrooper hidden behind.

They ascended into the deathly-quiet room, scanning the shadows for any movement. Jumping out, Mando tackled the Stormtrooper to the floor, shooting a red beam as they fell alongside the others. Sevara scurried across towards Mando as he advanced towards the door, his ease of the matter leaving a whisper of fear swirling through her. Though this side of him had never been directed at her, Mando could be frightening when he wanted to be.

Approaching a Stormtrooper from behind, Mando grabbed them by the neck, thrusting his knife into their back. Sevara blocked her ears at the helpless sounds escaping from the guard, feeling sick to her stomach as they slumped to the floor. Without a second thought, Mando shot a red blast towards the control panel, springing the door open as he was briefly knocked back as another Stormtrooper came towards him, their shot bouncing off of his beskar. Mando raised his weapon and shot the guard, stepping inside the room as Sevara hurried along by his side.

Her chest ached at the sight before her. Beneath the multiple layers of blankets and machinery, lay their sleeping child, it's eyes closed and face screwed up as it endured a fitful slumbered. Drawing her brows, Sevara looked to the younger man from earlier who's expression was tainted with fear, seething, "What did you do to it?"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

i just wanted to thank everyone who has supported this story, it truly means so much to me so thank you so much!!