𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

A SOFT, FEATHER-LIGHT breeze fanned across Sevara's cheeks as she stood on the shallow porch beside Din, their fingers entwined and shoulders brushing against each other. Her gaze followed the child who had taken to playing alongside a group of children and occasionally glancing to the bounty hunter by her side with Sevara's cheeks burning as the whisper of Din's lips still danced across her own.

Din. . . the intimacy of his confession still left her in awe, as well as the whirlwind of events that followed; the secrets shared and stories told as they gazed at the night sky with the child in their arms, lulling the small creature back to sleep. Sunlight had streamed across her face that morning as she awoke nestled in Din's arms, a faint flush coating her cheeks at the memory.

Softly, Din's grip tightened on her hand as he inclined his head towards Omera who had approached them, saying, "Can I set the two of you something in the house?"

Sevara shook her head, "I'm alright, thank you." she glanced to Din, adding, ". . . Unless?"

"Uh, thank you. Maybe later," he told the woman.

Omera nodded, her gaze flitting between Din, Sevara, and their joint hands. There was a tug at her lips as she shifted her gaze to the child, telling them, "He's very happy here."

Din's voice was quiet, saying, "He is."

"Fits right in," said Omera, giving a slight nod as she slipped away, joining a group of villagers nearby.

Filling the void of silence left by the woman's departure, Cara, who sat beside them on a wooden crate with a glass of spotchka in hand, flicked her gaze to the shining beskar of Din's helmet, asking, "So, what happens if you take that thing off? They come after you and kill you?"

"No," he said, looking to the former shock-trooper. "You just can't ever put it back on again."

Cara's brows shot up. "That's it? So, you can slip off that helmet and settle down with Sevara, raising your kid sitting here, sipping spotchka?"

"What?" asked Sevara, eyes widening at her statement as Din tensed beside her, "What— what makes you think that?"

Cara smiled, raising the glass to her lips with a shrug, "Oh, please. I've known since I first met you both. You guys aren't as discreet as you think you are."

Slack-jawed, Sevara shrunk back and leant against Din as she gave a tentative nod. Clearing his throat, Din chose to switch the subject, saying, "You know, we raised some hell here a few weeks back. It's too much action for a backwater town like this. Word travels fast. We might have to cycle the charts and move on.

Sevara's gaze followed Cara's, landing on the child as he tottered around the children, chasing around cobalt krill as the former shock-trooper said, "Would not wanna' be the one who's got to tell him."

Softly, a sigh escaped Din's lips and words Sevara thought she'd never hear tumbled from him as he said, "I'm leaving him here."

"Di— Mando," catching herself, Sevara's brows furrowed as she asked, "What're you talking about?"

"I'm sorry— but, travelling with me, that's no life for a kid. I did my job, he's safe. . . better chance at a life."