𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

SILVER MOONLIGHT POURED from the shutters, illuminating the smooth floorboards where Sevara kneeled upon, running a soft touch across the sleeping child's cheek. Winding down from their defence against the Raider's, she and Mando had found their way to the hut which housed the children, all crouched down with wide eyes, frightened from the explosions. They had safely escorted them to their families, soon dispersing back to their homestead to rest after their victories.

Mando stood in the corner of the barn, his back pressed against the wall as he cleaned his rifle. His gaze was fixed on Sevara as she knelt beside the bassinet and in a quiet voice he asked, "Is he asleep?"

"Yeah," whispered Sevara, casting a glance towards the bounty hunter. "He seems a little shaken up, but. . . I'm sure he'll be fine."

Mando nodded, "That's good."

Humming in response, she turned to face him, sitting back on her heels as she said, "You were really brave out there today— so was Cara, of course. Her quick thinking saved our skins. . . but I wanted to thank you again, for helping these people."

"Of course. It seemed important to you, so. . ." his voice trailed off, pausing a moment before he added, "I've been meaning to ask, why do you care so much about these people?"

Sevara shrugged, her gaze wandering around the barn, then travelling to the twilight view from the window. "I guess it just reminds me of my own village, back on Takodana."

"You're from Takodana?" Mando asked, his helmet tilting a fraction.

"Yeah, have you been?"

"No," he confessed, a slight twinge of bitterness lacing his words, "I knew someone who had, though. I ran into him doing a job, he wouldn't shut up about the place."

"He sounds difficult," she mused, "how'd you cope?"

"Ditched him at first light and took the bounty for myself."

"Ever the gentleman, I see."

Quiet laughter escaped Mando's lips, his gaze briefly falling to his rifle as he propped it against the shallow steps. Clearing his throat, he slowly crossed towards her, "I, um. . . I've been thinking," he said, offering her a hand and gently easing her to her feet.

"That can't be good," teased Sevara, biting back the tug at her lips.

The smallest of smiles was evident in his voice as he spoke with a fragile lilt, "Yeah. I just. . . I was just thinking about how you've been so open with me, yet I've been so closed off. I mean— you don't even know my real name and I guess I just wanted to. . ." he sighed, his voice trailing off as his fingers laced with Sevara's, mumbling, "I don't know. . ."

"Mando. . ." her breath hitched, heart hammering as the reality of his confession washed over her, "you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to."

"But I do," he said, "I want to tell you everything, I want to whisper your name beneath the stars, I— I want you to say mine back and I. . ." his voice grew quiet, smaller than she had heard before. Her heart hammered, in sync with the bounty hunter's before her as his breath drew short, pausing for a moment. Lips parting, Sevara gazed at him with reverence as the secret tumbled from his own. "It's Din. My name. . . it's Din Djarin."

"Din," she said, the name unravelling from her lips like a ribbon, tying the two together with an unspoken bond. Quietly, she unwound their fingers and trailed her touch across his shoulders, the fabric of his clothes coarse beneath her fingertips. "I like it."