Chapter 6: The Rescue Mission

Leo felt frozen in shock from seeing what he was witnessing. Metal Sonic had knocked out Sonic and raised a clawed hand getting ready to strike. Anger overwhelming him, Leo growled while taking out his twin katana and charged at Metal cutting him across his waist halting between the two before kicking Metal on his forehead knocking the robotic hedgehog down as Metal Sonic stood up on his feet eyeing Leo almost angry that the blue masked turtle dared to interfere with him finishing Sonic off.

"If you wanna hurt my friend, you'll have to go through me first robot!" Leo said clutching his weapons in his hands ready for a fight.

"Negative, the name is pronounced Metal Sonic, my loathsome copy who you protect is nothing more than an interference with my creator's plans." Metal replied to him.

"All the more reason you'll have to fight me first before getting to Sonic," Leo said to the Badnik robot.

"I'd have to disagree with you on that freak," Eggman said to Leo while floating down by Metal Sonic.

Before Leo could move, Metal Sonic charged at him swiping his claws at the blue masked turtle cutting him on his waist as Leo grunted in pain turning around to fight Metal only to be struck again this time on his shoulder the impact knocking Leo on the ground.

'First I had to be dealing with the Kraang, then Metalhead getting controlled by one of them, and now this! A freaky robot who's almost identical to Sonic and beating me?! I'll not have it!' Leo thought to himself angrily. Feeling fueled with frustration and determination, Leo forced himself up on his feet ignoring the pain in his body, and stood in a battle stance his teeth bared ready to continue fighting.

"Even a newcomer like you refuses to back down," Eggman commented sarcastically annoyed that Leo wasn't gonna give up.

"It'll take a lot more than a dumb robot to take me down Eggman," Leo replied to him.

"I'm not wasting time on you," Eggman replied before turning his head to Metal Sonic. "Metal, don't bother dealing with this creature, just grab Sonic and let's go, before that rodent wakes up." He ordered the Badnik robot.

Without a word, Metal turned to Sonic hauling him up over his shoulder, and activated his rocket flying off with the blue hero. Leo saw this and immediately ran towards Metal before Eggman pulled out a small missile launcher aiming it at Leo and shot a missile at him. Leo gasped once he saw it and ducked for cover as the missile flew past him hitting Sonic's house instead and a loud explosion erupted that sent the blue masked turtle flying as he hit the ground hard grunting on impact groaning in pain while looking up seeing Metal flying away with Sonic and Eggman flying away in his Egg Mobile laughing maniacally at his successful attempt to capture his arch-nemesis.

'This guy is nuts, good thing no one was inside that house.' Leo thought to himself before a realization struck him. 'Wait a minute, Tails was still inside!' He yelled to himself mentally. Leo made haste and ran inside of the now aflame house coughing once the smoke reached to his face and looked around for the yellow fox frantically worry beginning to overcome him.

"Tails!" Leo called out. "Tails where are you?!" He yelled anxiously.

After searching for a while and beginning to lose hope, Leo heard the sound of someone coughing and looked over to where the kitchen used to be seeing that the only thing that wasn't destroyed as badly as everything else was the refrigerator and Leo headed towards it opening it up seeing Tails curled up in a ball inside cinder staining most of his body and he glanced up at Leo fear in the Fox's eyes.

"There you are," Leo said letting out a sigh of relief. "Are you okay?" He asked him.

"I'm fine, just trying not to breathe in the toxic fumes from the smoke." Tails replied before he started coughing.