Chapter 7: An Unexpected Rescue

Sonic groaned in pain as he opened his eyes up slowly, seeing nothing but a bright light that blocked his vision and the blue hero sat up, his head aching and his heart pounding in his chest from the feeling of the pain he felt all over his body.

'Jeez, what happened to me? It feels like Metal smashed me to the ground.' Sonic thought to himself.

'That's because I did.' Metal replied mentally.

Sonic looked up, seeing Metal Sonic standing on the other side of the electronic cell door, anger immediately overwhelming him as he stood up on his feet, his hands in tight fists while he glared daggers at his robotic double, looking down at Metal Sonic's clawed hands, seeing blood on them in the color of crimson red and black mixed together.

"What have you been up to now, terrorizing people?" Sonic questioned while looking back up at Metal.

"Dealing with those pathetic friends of yours including three more of that blue masked creature, you won't be seeing them again." Metal Sonic replied, earning Sonic's eyes to widen.

"You mean you killed them?!" Sonic yelled angrily, stepping towards the cell door but got electrocuted by it once he touched the bars.

"Their fate is of no concern of yours." Metal droned.

"Answer me you pile of bolts!" Sonic demanded.

Though Metal just remained silent, standing there while crossing his arms at Sonic, the silence only making the azure hedgehog bare his teeth at him.

'You'd better say something now or else I'll break you Metal!' Sonic threatened mentally.

'You're inside a cell with an electronic door, I'd like to see you try.' Metal Sonic replied coldly before walking away.

Sonic growled loudly, still mad that Metal won't answer him before he punched the wall, the sound echoing as Sonic flopped down, pulling his knees to his chest and looking down at the floor in sadness, unable to believe that Metal Sonic could've possibly killed the others, he had a feeling that Metal lied just to break his spirit, but his mind was saying otherwise.

"The guys are still alive, I just know it," Sonic muttered. "They have to be, the only way Metal could prove it is by bringing their bodies as proof." He said to himself.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning flew at the electronic cell door, making it disappear into thin air which surprised Sonic as he stumbled backward from the sudden impact, a familiar figure standing in the smoke, their body of a certain hedgehog having Sonic raise his one nonexistent brow. Once the smoke cleared away, there in front of Sonic, stood Shadow, who had his arms crossed while eyeing Sonic impatiently.

"Shadow what-"

"Quiet!" Shadow whisper-yelled, putting his hand over Sonic's mouth before the blue hedgehog could finish his sentence. "Unless you want to be destroyed, you'll say absolutely nothing and follow me out of here." He said to him.

Sonic replied by mumbling, his one nonexistent brow raising higher, but he reluctantly stayed quiet as Shadow told him to. Shadow removed his hand from Sonic and gestured the blue hero to follow him, though Sonic hesitated for a second, but stood up and followed him out of the cell before both the two hedgehogs walked through the hallway. Cells were on both sides of Sonic and Shadow as Sonic looked around his surroundings, hoping to find any one of his friends from Team Sonic or at least the Turtles set in one of the cells.

"Don't waste yourself searching for them, they aren't here," Shadow said to Sonic, almost as if he could sense Sonic's concern.

"Where are they then?" Sonic asked him.