1

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

O N E - Summer

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

If there was one thing that Stan and Y/N loved most in the world besides each other, it was bird watching. From a young age, bird watching had become a source of comfort for the two, something that they would participate in together leading to many early mornings out in the woods behind Stan's house.

It was only Y/N's first morning in Derry and she couldn't imagine a better morning than getting to spend it bird watching with her cousin. It was the first time she was able to relax, the swirling of the colors in the sky as the sun rose and the soft chirping of birds as they awoke being enough to make a content smile appear on her face.

Y/N turned her head to glance at Stan and the boy looked back at her before offering a small smile. Y/N returned it and gently grabbed ahold of her cousin's hand, beginning to drag the boy off of the back porch and into the woods.

They reached their bird watching spot in less than a minute, the small bush that was up against a small hill allowing for the two to sit comfortably as they hid behind the bush to prevent the birds from seeing them and flying off.

Y/N had her head resting in Stan's shoulder as the boy flipped through a bird book that Y/N had gifted to him the Christmas before, a blanket draped around the both of them as they silently sat there.

The smallest of gasps left Y/N's lips as a bird suddenly flew down and landed on a branch only a few feet away from the two. She gently nudged Stan who looked over at her in confusion before he followed her line of sight. His eyes widened and he grinned before quickly flickering through his book.

Before Y/N knew it, Stan was nudging her and she looked down to see a picture of the very bird that sat on the branch in front of them. The best way that Y/N could describe it was as a small fluff ball with the tiniest beak ever. It honestly looked like a baby and it's gray and black coloring was beautiful. Above the picture of the bird in bold lettering were the words 'Black-capped Chickadee.'

Y/N smiled and the two looked back up and watched the bird for a moment longer before the bird flew away. It was only when the bird was gone that Stan begin to whisper some of the facts to Y/N, the young girl listening intently while she watched the bird disappear.

This continued for twenty more minutes, new birds showing up here and there and Y/N pointing them out before Stan showed her which bird it was. The two had just been watching a blue Nuthatch peck at some berries when a voice suddenly yelled out, "Stanley Uris! You are going to be late!"