3

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

T H R E E - Lois Lane

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

Y/N was the first to break the silent staring contest the boys all seemed to be having, quickly stepping by her cousin and hurrying over to the boy who was lying in the water with a bloody shirt. "Are you okay?" Y/N asked softly as she knelt down in front of the boy who just stared up at her with wide eyes, surprised that she was talking to him.

"Not. . .not really," the boy admitted and by the slight crack in his voice, Y/N could tell it took all of his willpower not to cry. She didn't blame him for wanting to. Judging by the amount of blood, it looked like whatever injury he had was painful. Not to mention that the events leading up to him getting hurt might've been painful as well.

Footsteps behind her had Y/N turning to see that Stan, Bill, Richie, and Eddie had come over to join her, their eyes on the hurt boy while Eddie grimaced. Y/N looked back at the boy and gave him a kind smile as her eyes flickered over his face.

His dirty blonde hair was matted to his face, slightly covering his brown eyes which stared back at her almost nervously, like he was afraid of what was going to happen or what the group would do to him. He was leaning back slightly as he were afraid they would take a punch and Y/N couldn't help but frown slightly, a sadness flashing through her eyes as she stared at the boy.

No one spoke as Y/N reached out and gently brushed the boy's hair from out of his eyes. The small gesture was enough to make the boy blush as he looked at the girl shyly. Y/N just gave him a gentle smile as she whispered, "We're going to help you, okay?"

The boy stared at her hesitantly for a moment before nodding his head ever so slightly. Y/N's smile was enough to warm the boy's heart as she gently took his hand and helped him on to his feet, turning to the other boys in the process.

To her surprise, they were all staring at her with wide eyes. Stan's was out of pure pride for having someone as sweet and gentle as his cousin. Richie and Eddie were just in shock, having forgotten just how nice and caring the girl in front of them was. Then there was Bill who was staring at her in awe, the corners of his mouth twitching up slightly as his heart skipped a beat.

Y/N didn't seem to notice their expressions and only gave them the smallest of smiles as she said, "Come on, boys. Let's get him out of here."

The four seemed to snap out of their thoughts at that and quickly rushed forward to help Y/N get the boy over to their bikes. With some help they managed to get the boy onto Bill's bike and Y/N made sure that the boy was secure before she looked to Bill, giving him a small thankful smile before she hurried after her cousin to get on his bike.