8

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

E I G H TWell House

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

Since most of the group didn't want to go into the house, it had been decided that they would each draw a stick from the pile that Mike had collected off the ground. It was already known that Bill was going in and it had taken only one glare in Stan's direction as he tried to pull his cousin back to his side for them to realize that Y/N would be going into that house whether they liked it or not.

That meant that the two people with the shortest sticks would be accompanying Bill and Y/N into the house and, much to their dismay, Richie and Eddie were the unlucky two.

Y/N had to ignore Stan's worried gaze as she walked towards the front door of the house, knowing that it was hard for her cousin to be separated from her in a situation like this. But if she were to turn around, if she were to look him in the eyes, the courage she had somehow been able to muster would disappear and she wouldn't be able to go inside.

So Y/N didn't even look back at her cousin before walking in behind Bill. The two hesitated in the entryway and Y/N gulped slightly as she subconsciously took a tiny step closer to the boy. Both of their hands were shaking slightly, but as soon as they were able to grab onto the other and intertwine their fingers, their shaking had subsided.

It took all of Y/N's willpower not to gag at the sight of the interior of the house, but lucky for her, she was too distracted by Richie's complaining to even get a good look at everything as she began to walk forward once again with her hand gripping onto Bill's.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie whined. "You guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up, Richie," Eddie muttered as he looked around the house with wide eyes, the creaking noise coming from the settling of the house making him jump every now and then.

Eddie glanced to one side and winced at the decaying living room. "I can smell that," he whispered in disgust.

"Don't breathe through your mouth," Richie quickly told him causing the boy to look at him in confusion.

"How come?" Eddie asked almost afraid for the answer.

"Cause then you're eating it," Richie replied making Eddie gag and Y/N grimace. Y/N reached out with her free hand to pat Eddie on the back in comfort. Once the young boy had composed himself, he glanced over at Y/N and gave her a small thankful smile before his eyes flickered to where she was holding onto Bill's hand.

A look of shock crossed his face before his eyes flickered back up to Y/N's. He gave her an almost amused look and raised an eyebrow ever so slightly. Y/N's eyes widened a little and her cheeks turned red as she quickly looked away from Eddie who was chuckling softly to himself while also warily looking around at his surroundings.