5

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

F I V EThe Phone Call

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

It didn't take long for the kids to all go change back into their clothes and mount their bikes, their destination being Ben's house. As they rode, Y/N couldn't stop herself from gripping onto her cousin just a little tighter, her nerves getting the best of her. But from the way Stan seemed to lean back against her and more into her hold, it was obvious he felt the same way and the cousins took the bike ride as a chance to calm down and accept the comfort of the other's touch.

Everyone was unusually quiet as they pulled up to Ben's house, not even Richie uttering a word as they got off their bikes. Why that was? No one was quite sure, but they didn't bother questioning it.

No one noticed Ben sneak off inside for they were too busy setting their bikes down. Y/N couldn't help but smile as she watched Stan make an effort to put his kick stand out while the others carelessly dropped their bikes. Then her eyes were flickering in Bill's direction, having felt his eyes on her. His eyes widened slightly and he was quick to look away, his face growing red as he nodded towards Ben's house, "C-C-Come on."

Y/N didn't seem to notice Bill's behavior and just linked arms with Stan before the group all began to follow after Ben into the house. By the time they had made it up to his room, they found Ben standing near his closet door with a nervous smile on his face.

The young girl gave him a confused look, but was quickly distracted by the news articles that lined the wall. Some kids had posters, but it seemed Ben just had news articles.

Richie and Eddie were bickering behind her and it was only when Y/N stepped inside with Stan by her side as the two cousins went to examine an article that the two fell silent. "Woah, woah, woah, wow!" Richie breathed out as he let his eyes flicker over the articles and pictures.

His eyes met Y/N and she could read his expression in almost an instance. She gave him a small look, but he didn't seem fazed and just turned to Ben who was looking around the group with an excited smile on his face. "Cool, huh?" Ben questioned.

"No, no, nothing cool," Richie said as he shook his head, the smile on Ben's face dropping ever so slightly. "There's nothing cool."

Y/N rolled her eyes at the boy and frowned as she looked around the room. Her eyes locked on Bill who was looking at some slides on Ben's desk that were no doubt for a projector and she walked over to him before leaning over to look at the picture in his hand.

Bill glanced at her for a second before looking back down at the picture, trying to get his heart beat steady. Finally, he let his eyes flicker over to Y/N and the two locked eyes before Y/N gave him a silent look as if to ask 'can you believe this?' Bill shook his head in disbelief and picked up another slide, the two studying it for a moment and figuring out that it was a map of Derry.