Protecting the Royal Idiot

New story! I'll try to alternate between Hollywood and this one, so bear with me if I forget to upload!

Hope you like it~!

<><><>

Chapter 1

"That's your fifth detention this week," my mom said sternly. I sighed and rolled my eyes. It's not like detention is a new thing for me. In fact, it's practically part of my weekly routine.

"Mom, I can handle it. You don't have to worry about me," I said bluntly. Now it was my mom's turn to sigh. She shook her head and stared at the ground, her eyebrows knitted together. My dad walked into the room and joined us in our glorious time.

"Jenna," he said, giving me a weary look. I glanced up at him, then at my mom, then back at him. I waited for whatever he was going to say. I tapped my foot impatiently as the silence grew longer.

"You need to understand... We don't want to raise a bad child. We want you to be able to go off to college with scholarships and a clean record. We want you to be able to get your dream job, and someday, raise a family of your own," my dad finally said, spitting it out. I groaned. Here we go. It's the same thing every time.

"Dad, I know. But I have perfect academic grades. I've gotten straight A's in academics. Conduct is a different story; effort apparently correlates with conduct. We've gone over this," I told him, crossing my arms. My mom looked up at me, her eyes shiny with fresh tears. This surprised me; my mom is an extremely strong, independent woman. She never cries.

"Jenna," my mom faltered, "your father and I spoke a few days ago, and our decision is clear." She sniffled and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. I was worried; what's going on? What decision? What the heck is she talking about? It was clear my mom wouldn't be able to speak without sobbing throughout the rest of the conversation, so my dad took over for her.

"You've been getting detentions since the first grade just for careless attitude and behavior," my dad said with a glare, putting his arm around my mom. I brushed my hair away from my face, and I even pinched my wrist to see if this was some sort of nightmare. Never have I gotten in trouble at home for grades, or detentions, or school at all. What's going on here?

"Your mother and I have decided," my dad said slowly and clearly, his deep voice making my head spin, "that you will be sent off to military school."

After that, I wasn't really sure what happened. All I know for sure is that I ended up locked in my room, bawling my eyes out for the rest of the night.

~~~

I didn't get a second of sleep that night. I didn't bother looking in the mirror; I'm not going anywhere today.

My eyes felt swollen and puffy, and they stung when I wiped them. I was all cried out, so there was really no reason to rub my eyes. But I still did anyways.

I was listening to my Zune on full blast, drowning out every other sound in the world. I was mostly hoping I would drown out any voices on the other side of my bedroom door.

I felt my phone start vibrating beside me, and I calmly picked it up. I looked at the caller ID, which was kind of blurry since my eyes were all puffy. I noticed it was my best friend, Sara.

"Hmm," I groaned into the phone. Sara scoffed.

"What's wrong with you?" she demanded. Sara doesn't take any crap, which is why she's my best friend.

"Everything, Sara. My life's in ruins," I said quietly. My voice cracked at the last word, and I heard Sara sigh on the other end of the line.

"Tell me what happened. This can't be good if it's got you down," she said sadly. I nodded and said, "This is horrible. Absolutely terrible. And the worst part is, my dad put like five locks on my window so I can't jump out and run away. Help me."

"Oh gosh. What happened?" Sara asked softly. I blinked back some tears. Maybe I'm not all cried out.

"My parents are sending me to military school."