Protecting the Royal Idiot - Chapter 18

Hey there, kids! (Barney moment... just ignore that haha.)

So I'm really, super duper glad that everyone liked the last chapter! :D I wasn't too sure about it at first, but when I read your comments I was like oh yeah, baby! So I guess what I'm trying to say is... THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! :DDDD

<><><>

Chapter 18

"So what do we do know?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. Alan was still gripping the huge tile in his hands.

We had no idea how we were supposed to cover our tracks and get the tile back up there. It turned down that Ryan and I should've pushed down on the thing instead of trying to pull it out. Once Alan and Mr. BTM had gotten there, they just jumped on it simultaneously, and the thing collapsed underneath them.

"Hold this for a second," Alan said, holding out the tile to me. I stared at it, my eyes wide. My eyes flickered to Alan, whose expression was serious. I let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"That thing is huge," I said, wrinkling my nose at the thick tile.

"That's what she said," Ryan blurted from behind me. I shot him a look, but I was laughing slightly at the same time.

"You guys say that here?" I said incredulously. Ryan shrugged, cracking a slanted grin.

"I'm pretty sure it's a universal joke," he said. Shaking my head, still laughing a little, I returned my attention to the tile. I sighed and then sucked in a breath. Mustering all my strength, I took the tile from Alan's grasp.

"Ohmahgeeb-- It weighs two pounds," I said flatly, tossing the tile from my right hand to my left. It was true--the tile didn't weigh more than my neighbor's Chihuahua. I laughed like a little kid, tossing the tile into the air like a little kid.

"You're aware that it needs to get back up there, correct?" Mr. BTM said, clearly not amused. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, fine. Ruin all the fun, will ya?" I muttered bitterly.

Suddenly, I felt two strong arms encircle me. My first instinct was to start kicking, but I turned around to see who it was. Ryan's gaze locked with mine for a second, and I felt myself turn red, remembering what happened before Mr. BTM and Alan got to where we were.

"Up you go," Ryan said, propping my feet onto his shoulder. He clutched my ankles, but I still wobbled around, holding the tile above my head.

"Make sure I don't fall!" I said warningly. It came out all squeaky. Ryan laughed below me, making his shoulders shake. I tried not to shriek.

Mr. BTM tossed some sort of adhesive liquid in a bottle, and I quickly put it on the edges of the tile. I made sure not to get any on my fingers or anywhere else. Although I'd love to get some of this stuff in Ryan's hair...

I quickly shoved the tile back into it's rightful place. The underground cave-type thing we were standing in immediately lost all the light flooding in from before.

"Slowly!" I squeaked as Alan tried helping me down.

"Calm down, woman! You're gonna bruise me!" Ryan shouted.

"Shut up! You're not the one who'll have brain damage!"

"I will from all your yelling!"

I scowled and turned away from Alan. I jumped off by myself, surprisingly sticking the landing. I grinned and turned to everyone else, executing a quick bow.

"Alright, so what now," Ryan said flatly. Mr. BTM flicked on a super charged flashlight, revealing two different paths ahead of us. I inhaled a slow breath, letting it out just as slowly. Breathe, Jenna, breathe.

"Right."

"Left."

I looked at Alan and Mr. BTM, who rarely disagreed with each other. For a short moment, their eyes narrowed at each other, but Alan quickly surrendered.

"Right's good," he said, quickly escaping Mr. BTM's death glare.

"So Ryan and Jenna, take left," Mr. BTM said.

I smacked a hand to my forehead, realizing I would have to go with Ryan again. I mean, it's good and bad. Wait, not good. I just have to keep telling myself that, and I won't like Ryan.

"Dandy," I mumbled, walking towards the left path. Ryan followed after me, saying, "Indeed."

~~~

"We should've asked to go right," I said, pounding on the wall that marked a dead end. We must've walked two or more miles, only to arrive at a stupid rock wall that led nowhere.

"You know George; he always wants to be right," Ryan said calmly, leaning against the wall. He had his arms crossed, and he looked totally uncaring right now. I could learn from him.

"Who's George? ...Oh wait, nevermind," I said, remembering Mr. BTM's real name. Even though I learned it a while ago, it just never stuck. I mean, seriously. How am I supposed to call the man by his real name when I've been calling him Mr. BTM ever since I met him?

"How could you forget his name?" Ryan asked, his eyes sparkling in amusement, for like, the billionth time since I met him. Although I have to admit, it's a good look for him... Ugh!

"It's just that I have a personal nickname for him," I explained, sitting on the dusty ground. Ryan pushed off the wall and walked over to sit next to me.

"Which would be..."

"Mr. BTM," I blurted. Ryan looked at me as if I were crazy. Obviously, he didn't get it. I laughed a little. It wasn't exactly funny, it was just... Well, I don't know what it was just.

"Mr. Big, Tall, and Muscular," I said, spelling it out for Ryan. Ryan laughed and rolled his eyes at the same time.

"Really? That's the best you could come up with?" he said, clearly amused. I frowned at him and crossed my arms.

"What? It's quite an honest to goodness name," I said.

"Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of Mr. Testosterone at the least," Ryan said. I rolled my eyes.

"That's so overdone," I said. Ryan just shrugged.

"Whatever," he replied. I yawned out of nowhere, letting out a sound of exhaustion. I blinked my eyes, rubbing the stray tears out of them. Ryan chuckled.

"Sorry I yawn so weird," I said apologetically. It's true. I sound like Chubacca when I yawn.

"I think it's adorable," Ryan replied. Huh? Oh... I blushed slightly and looked away. Curse you, compliments. You're just the gateway to liking someone.

"I think it's weird," I said. Then I yawned again, failing at keeping my strange sounds to myself. Once again, Ryan grinned at me.

"C'mon, you have to agree it's adorable," he said, still grinning. I shook my head.

"Girls don't really like their own yawns," I told him. Then he slung his arm around my shoulder. I tried to ignore it, but some warmth crept onto my face.

"So should we call Alan and Mr. BTM?" I asked.

"Alright," Ryan said, flicking on his microphone. He said something into the microphone. I felt myself starting to get sleepy, and my eyelids were beginning to droop. I yawned for the gazillionth time.

I didn't feel like getting up anywhere, so I propped my head on Ryan's shoulder and fell asleep.

<><><>

A little boring at the end, I know. But the next chapter shall be exciting! :D