chapter 1

There was nothing out of the ordinary,it was a typical Wednesday morning for Leah. He science professor droned on while she half way payed attention as she also dreaded when the bell would ring meaning she would have to go to her crappy job with her dick of a boss. She almost considered calling in 'sick'...if she hadn't done it 2 times already this week plus saturday,one more day and she would most likely be fired.
    The bell rang and everyone started leaving, Leah sat for a few minutes then finally gave in and got up. She shoved her books in her bag then left the room. She went to the front lobby checking out then left the building and started walking to her bike. The job she had didn't pay the greatest just enough for the rent for the hotel she was staying at and food, so she didn't have enough for a car. Which she kinda didn't need one anyway her apartment was walking distance from the school and her job was about a mile away from that. She biked to her job which was a small bakery called Amour et Paux it was nice and homey too it seemed like one of those peaceful jobs in the movies,where the protagonist works at a cafe and its all cute and smiles these settings are mostly found in romance movies. But Leah learned real quick that its not like the movies you know why? Because real life has assholes and sometimes assholes become your boss who need to fucking die in a hole somewhere.
    Leah parked her bike next to the light pole and locked it to it with a chain. She went inside and was greeted with the smell of cinnamon rolls and chocolate. She went into the backroom and saw a head with white hair.
    "Appolinia  wheres the ogar that insist he's human?" Leah asked putting on her apron.
    Appolinia turned around reveling the other half of her hair that's mint green and her hazel eyes that are guarded with huge circle glasses.
    "He called in sick today." She saud almost inaudible. Leah was celebrating with glee(in her mind) the modern day hitler was sick or skipping or whatever the hell he's doing it doesn't matter at least he's gone. "You okay there Leah?" Leah blinked out of her daze and looked at Appolinia and nodded. She got ready and went out. Appolinia was waiting tables with some goth chick Leah didn't know her name but she thought it started with V. Leah worked the cash register which she loved since she didn't do much since not a lot of people came in. It was near closing time the goth girl and Appolinia had already left when someone came in he was tall and quite muscular, He was tan too and had blue eyes and a nose that was a bit big which Leah found kind of attractive.
    "Im sorry i see your about to close I'll leave." The man said. Leah still didn't know why she did it that day,maybe it was the fact her tiredness was making her crazy or maybe something about him made her but she...
    "No,no its fine stay i insists." Leah called out. The man stopped and turned around he paused then hesitantly sat down at a table close to the register.  "So what is it your interested in?" Leah asked with her hand resting on her hand and her elbow on the counter. "I'll just take a cinnamon roll and a black coffee." He replied. Leah nodded and pulled a cinnamon roll out of the heater box and poured him a mug of coffee. She poured herself one because she was thirsty which led to her wanting ice cream.  Eh fuck it. She thought and scooped herself a bowl of rocky road. She brought everything to the table and sat down in the seat across from the man. He raised an eyebrow Leah scoot his stuff to his side and said, "im probably not going to have anything but ramen at home. So what's your name?" The man took a drink of coffee "Carter" he said "you?" Leah ate a scoop of ice cream "Leah" an awkward silence went on for a few minutes."Whats to do with the name of this place why is it called Love and Peace?" Carter asked. "oh thats interesting it used to be owned by these hippies that sold spirtral stuff and they got arrested for doing hard drugs so when my boss bought it he was being the lazy fuck he is and just called the same it is but french  ." Leah replied.   Leah had finished her coffee and ice cream and carter finished his coffee but didn't touch his cinnamon roll. "You ain't eating my cooking isn't that bad is it?" Leah asked raising her eyebrows. Carter looked down. "Um no its just...i don't really like... Cinnamon rolls..." He said embarrassed. Leah looked at him quizzical "then wh- h- eh!?" Carter turned his head very embarrassed "i was nervous so I said the first thing i thought of." Leah looked at him blankly then laughed "for a big man you sure are a dork." Leah walked back to the counter "what would you like be honest this time." Carter gave a crooked smile "cinnamon cookies?" Leah was hesitant "i'm being honest i promise." He said reassuringly leah packed cinnamon cookies in a to go box and gave them to carter. "There on the house no get out of here i'm tired." Carter chuckled a bit and got up and left the bakery. Leah locked up everything then went to her bike and went home.