three [the little rain]

I remember,

When the rain was heavy, the trees made those sounds that the wind proudly claimed

When the rain was heavy, the trees made those sounds that the wind proudly claimed. I was writing down the tears the rain was crying, but I realized that the sun wasn't going to shine anytime soon.

Without you, it really won't.

The day would end, and I would wander everywhere, my heart recalling places where you could be.

You weren't there, but I was.

I patiently waited outside, and as soon as I saw you, my heart jumped.

The rain soaked my shirt, but that didn't matter when my soul already left my body by breathing in the same air you were breathing. And, even when it was raining. You were the most beautiful among them all.

I would part my lips, adoring your soft features that I die every day to touch.

And when you walk into the rain, and hug yourself from the cold. My hoodie would be placed slowly on your shoulders.

You looked up, your gummy smile reflecting away the little happiness you tried to hide.

"Thank you". And there you whispered.

Between my path and yours, came envy, and there he was. Glaring at me for wanting to keep you warm.

I forgot that he existed, in between your heart, as he pulled you into his arms.

That wasn't mine.

You looked back, his strong arms pulling you away from the loudness of my heart. You motioned to the hoodie as if I could pull it away and be brave enough to confront you.

"You can keep it, it's yours".

The rain stopped, and my hoodie protected you from the rain, but at least it could keep the cold off away for a while.

You left with the widest smile and it was because; of me.

This time.

"And my heart is yours as well". I foolishly whispered, but it was too late because you left.