seventeen [new year and new beginnings]

The countdown starts,

Jennie stands next to me, like a pretty spirit, and I'm left enchanted by her eyes, her flawless face

10

Our hands touch, but I was so hypnotized, being so blurred to even look around. When all I can see is you - and your genuine smile.

9

I looked around, couples were holding hands, and they were all so in love, but were we?

8

You lean your head into my shoulder, and like heaven you whispered; "I wish this moment could last forever".

7

My heart jumps, Jennie Kim looks up, eyes so big and full of sparkles, meanwhile my stomach would flip and embrace the butterflies.

6

My eyes get lost in your pure ones. Jennie Kim, are you that pure?

5

I would look down at your lips as you part them, the urge of leaning closer taking over me.

4

Your right-hand finds my shoulder, our souls dancing in a lullaby. Your other hand intertwines with mine slowly as my breath hitches in surrender.

3

Your pupils dilate at me, and I saw myself falling. But with your hand being in mine, I forgot about the rest of the world. Only you Jennie, can make me forget about my surroundings and hold you in place.

2

My hand finds your waist, slowly pulling your body closer to mine. Our heads inched closer, and my head became heavy with thoughts. But my heart, you made it beat so happily.

1

Our lips nearly touch but I'm left so scared to inch closer..

Closer to your lips - closer to your heaven.

Happy New year!

Everyone around us happily hug, but our souls were already in a tight embrace, only our lips aching to come closer to each other.

"Jennie I-".

But I knew happy moments don't last when your phone started to go off.

And he would call, probably wondering where you are, when you were here with me.

Jennie pulls away, letting go of whatever sense of affection there was to hold on into.

"S-sorry". She stutters, "I promised him that I would spend the New Years with him".

With that, I fully pull away.

"Go have fun with him then". I mutter with so much anger.

He was still there; like a barrier between us.