Chapter 11: Attack And Consequences

After having three of the villagers taming his beasts, Kage is now observing the villagers and goblins are preparing for the attack of the ogres and trolls.
_______________________________________

3rd person pov

Kage is standing leaning on the wall of his house in Carne-village and watches as the villagers are training with bows since they wouldn't be able to defend themselves against the ogres and trolls in CQC.

Kage:' I wonder, why would trolls and ogres just attack a village? Sure food is one possibility but that doesn't seem to be the case as I have noticed that where they were no animals or travelers have been killed or feasted upon.'

Just then Lupusregina is walking out of the barn and Kage decides to act on a suspension he has and pulls her into his house.

Lupus:" Lord Kage, is something wrong?"

Kage:" OH yes and I have the suspension that you know what it is."

His eyes glow in a dangerous red light and the maid is slightly intimated.

Kage:" Now are you going to tell me if there is something I haven't been informed about again?"

He slowly gets closer to her and she steps back until her back hits the wall, now they are absolutely not visible as long as nobody walks into the house.

Kage:" I am waiting and I don't like to have to wait."

Lupus:" *whimpering* L-lord Ainz has send the trolls and ogres to attack the village."

Kage:" *sighs, places a hand on her head* Since you didn't lie to me I will not punish you for keeping that information from me but you will return to Nazarick and tell Ainz that he and I will have to have a serious talk later."

He turns to leaves the house as Lupusregina asks something.

Lupus:" W-what are you going to do now, my lord?"

Kage:" I promised to help this village and if Ainz doesn't honor what he promised I will not let him drag the name of Ainz Ooal Gown through the mud."

After he left Nezuko stands next to Lupusregina and pats her head before following her father. Lupusregina leaves and gets back to Nazarick just as ordered and waits for when she can talk to Ainz and she immediately bows and apologizes.

Ainz:" Huh? What happened this time?"

Lupus:" Lord Kage ordered me to tell him if I knew anything of your plans for the village lord Ainz and I couldn't possibly reject his order."

Albedo:" I see nothing wrong with that you have served on of our supreme leaders."

Lupus:" Lord told has also said that if lord Ainz isn't going to honor his promise to the villagers then he will."

Ainz:" How angry was he?"

Lupus:" Huh, uh, I don't know but his eyes were glowing bright red."

Ainz:" Albedo, make sure that nothing from his floor is outside of it."

Albedo:" But why is that-"

Ainz:" Just do it! If Kage is going to reveal himself we can't know who will know of it and if he feels the need to get really serious he will summon one of the titans from his floor."

Lupus:" Lord Ainz, lord Kage also said that he and you will have a serious talk when he comes back."

Ainz:" I see. I will prepare for it and I don't want to be disturbed during that time, Albedo. Send someone to find out what happened with Sebas, we haven't gotten any reports from him or Solution as of late."