🌲Under The Mistletoe - 10 🌲

Jaxtyn's POV

Opening the door to my parents place I call out to them as I make my way through the hall towards the kitchen. When I get there I see Mom baking something and Dad is sitting on the stool watching her. Clearing my throat I say. "Mom, Dad. I'm home."

Mom spins around and a smile spreads across her face. "Of course you are. Are you here to sort out the stuff you want to keep and get rid of from your room?"

"Yes, I am." I look at the table and see cookies and cakes cooling down. "What are you doing?"

"I'm making stuff for the children's hospital party tonight. I've been asked to help cater for it by Skye's Grandfather. He's keeping his chefs busy with preparing other meals for the regular clientele."

Hugging when I add. "Also, your cakes are the best in Los Angeles. No one can beat your stuff. Do you know of Skye will be there?"

"I'm not sure. From what I've heard she doesn't stay in touch with her Grandparents."

It seems like everyone she's cared for have left her alone to defend for herself.

As much as I can't stand her, she doesn't deserve anything like this happening to her. She's already lost her mother and now her father.

The only people she'll have left is her Grandparents and even I know they won't be around forever.

"That's a shame she doesn't really have anyone from her family."

Mom kisses the top of my head. "I think you care about, Skye and have for a really long time and you don't even know it."

Shaking my head. I say. "No, way. There's no way in hell that I like that girl. She's bad news."

Mom slaps the back of my head. "Don't be rude about her. You haven't been near her on six years. How do you know what she's like now? Believe me, you shouldn't be listening to Nicole anymore. She doesn't know the woman that her stepsister has become because they haven't been near each other in years."

The front door slams open and I hear Nicole say. "Who does that girl think she is demanding that I don't go to the parents place to see them?"

"Baby, she has the rights to see her father too. You and your mother kept it a secret that he was dying and yet you're still trying to make it hard for her to be happy."

"You know the saying 'A happy wife, a happy life.' Well, I'm not happy and neither should you." She walks into the kitchen and stops when she notices six pairs of eyes on her. She rubs her hand on her skirt and says. "I'm sorry for bringing the drama into the house."

"It's not a..." dad begins, but I cut him off by saying. "You really should be careful about what you're saying. It can hurt people and you did that when you didn't get in touch with Skye and told her about her father."

She crosses her arms over her chest. "She wouldn't have picked up if we called. You know how jealous she is of me and the relationship that I have with Josh and your family."

Mom's jaw ticks as she looks at Nicole. She's trying to hold herself back from saying something.

Josh walks into the room at that moment. "Why is everyone congregating around the kitchen for?"

"I came to say 'hello,' before I go up to my room and clean it. I'm also taking some of my stuff to the apartment."

Nicole pulls a face and says. "Why would you like to live as a regular person, when you've got all this money to spend?"

Damn, this girl is stupid.

Money doesn't buy you happiness. It covers everything you need to live a life, but I'm happy to live a regular life. As long as I have a roof over my head I'm happy.

For Nicole everything revolves around money. She has to have the latest trends and even a couple fashion designers in town want her to wear their stuff.

There's two woman that haven't asked her to wear their stuff and it's the Butler Twins. I heard they prefer to get someone unknown to model for them and Nicole seems to have a reputation around town. Which makes it harder for people to want to work closely with her.

Nicole clears her throat, gaining our attention. "I have an announcement to make."

"You're not pregnant again?"

She shakes her head. "No, I was just invited to do a photo shoot with Calvin Klein."

Oh, shit. I should unsubscribe from the magazine. I don't want to see my sister-in-law in nothing, but a pair of underwear. Posing with a guy that's not my brother.

Joshua pulls her into his side. "And I'm doing it with her."

I'm definitely going to unsubscribe from that.

"I'm going to sort my stuff out, now. I'll see you later." I walk away from the kitchen and head into the direction of my bedroom.

When I get to my room I pull the suitcase out of the closet and go through all my clothes sorting out what I want to take and what I'm going to take to a donation bin.

After the clothes are sorted I get to the rest of the stuff like books, cds and movies.

My phone starts to ring and I pull it out of my pocket. Looking at it I see, Benson flash across the screen.

I haven't heard from him in a long time. Why would he be contacting me now?

I answer and it and say. "Hey, Benson. What's going on?"

Benson: I heard you were back and was wondering if you'd like to catch up? Grab a drink at Lux?

Me: Sure, I haven't been to that club before, but I've heard great reviews though.

Benson: It does. I met my girlfriend at that club. She was dancing and I approached her. It turns out that during the night she noticed me too, but was too afraid to talk to me.

Me: That's great. Is she coming with us? Or did you get the boys together?

Benson: It's just the guys and me. Are you up for it?

Me: Sure, it beats unpacking my stuff at my new place. What time do you want me to you there?

Benson: The boys and I will be there at 9pm. Just meet us at the VIP entrance.

Me: Okay, I will. See you, then.

I hang up the phone and grab my suitcase. Walking downstairs I head back to the kitchen, where Mom still is.

When I look around I don't see my brother and his wife. "Mom, I'm going home and then I'll be here at five to take you to the Country Club."

A smile spreads across her face. "That would be great. Are you staying the whole night or do you have plans?"

"I'm meeting Benson and some of the guys at Lux around 9pm. Do you need me to stay at the Country Club with you or can I hit the golf course?"

"You can play golf. I'm sure you'll meet someone there that needs a partner." She hugs me. "I'll take my car too. I don't want to be stranded at that place."

I give her a hug before walking out the door and to my car.