🌲Under The Mistletoe - 50 🌲

Skye's POV

Jaxtyn pulls his car into the parking lot of the Country Club. He parks in the spot reserved for me. Looking at me he says. "Stay in the car. I want to open the door for you. Your Grandfather won't be happy if I'm not a true gentleman towards you. That guy has..." he lowers his voice and turns towards the camera that's attached to the wall in front of the car. "Eyes everywhere."

I laugh. "Are you really scared of Joey Reeves?"

He doesn't answer me as he opens his door and steps out. Rounding the car he stops in front of my door and opens it for me. "After you mi lady."

Stepping out of the car with my purse. I place it on my shoulder and hold my hand out for Jaxtyn to take. Taking my hand he leads the way to the building's door. When we reach the glass door slides across for us.

Some of the workers that are in the reception area notice us and they start chattering amongst themselves and calling us an adorable couple.

I don't feel like we are an adorable couple, but I supposed that has something to do with me feeling insecure because of the all things that Nicole has put Jaxtyn and I through.

When I begin to tense up Jaxtyn feels it and he turns towards me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why?"

His jaw tightens and then he says. "Why do you do that, Skye? Say your fine when it obviously not true. It's one of the words that I hate hearing from you're pretty mouth."

Grabbing Jaxtyn's hand I pull him towards my Grandfather's office. As it's one of the places that we'll be able to have some privacy from the prying ears of everyone. When we get to the room I open the door and step inside.

Jaxtyn closes the door behind me and crosses his arms as he waits for me to tell him what's wrong.

I should tell him what's going on. I hope he doesn't think bad of me for getting this off my chest, but I don't I might actually break and that won't be good for anyone.

Moving over to desk I sit down in Grandfather's chair. I look at him and say. "I'm tired, Jaxtyn. Physically and emotionally. I can't keep fighting her. She's taking everything from me and I have to fight for it back. What if things don't go our way tomorrow? I'm scared."

Jaxtyn moves over to the chair where I'm sitting and he kneels next to me. Pulling me into his arms, while tears stream down my face and onto his shirts. "It's okay to be scared, Skye. Do you know what I'm afraid of?"

I didn't think he's have anything to be afraid of. He normally gets everything he wants.

"What?" I ask, against his shirt.

Looking into my eyes he says. "That this is a dream and I'm going to lose you. Not being near you yesterday hurt me a lot, but when you called me it was like the light was brought back into my life. When you weren't home and didn't answer my calls all I could think about was did something happen to you. Having dinner last night and talking about what you discovered was a great way for us to have a fresh start. After tomorrow we'll be able to move forward from all of this."

I hope so. Knowing Nicole there's going to be a few surprises up her sleeves and it's going to blindside us.

The door to the office opens and Grandpa walks in with my family. His eyes make eye contact with me because I'm still in his chair. "Is everything okay, here?"

Jaxtyn lets go of me and I stand up. He looks at me before saying. "She's going to say everything is fine, but we all know that it's not. The truth is she's afraid of what tomorrow holds."

Dad walks over to me and places his arms around me. "Everything is going to be okay tomorrow. We're all going to be by your side when things happen. If I have to fight for my life and yours I will." He looks at Jaxtyn. "I want you to stay with my daughter all night tomorrow. She's going to need your strength to get through this. Mom had Dad's strength when she went against the bad guys."

Grandma pulls a gun out of her bag and shows us. "This beaut will be with me tomorrow. If one of bastards come for me."

I laugh. "Grandma, put that thing away. We don't need you to hurt yourself."

Jaxtyn moves over to me and holds his hand out for me to take. "We better get downstairs. The kids are waiting to talk to Santa and tell him what they want for Christmas."

Taking his hand I wave at my family. "See you tonight for dinner." I open the door and we exit the office.

"I want you to move in with me, Skye."

A smile spreads across my face. "I would love that. Dad's going to give me the house. He doesn't want to go back to it because of the memories from what Nicole and her mother did. However, once it's been re-done. He'll be more than happy to visit us. I'm moving my stuff to the house on Thursday. You should do the same."

"I will." He stops in front of the men's change room. "See you soon." Leaning down he places his lips on mine.

My eyes close as he deepens the kiss. Pulling away I smile. "I love you, Jax." Opening the door to the female change room, I step inside and see the other elf.

She smiles. "Hey, I'm Heather. I'll be the elf today as Esther isn't available."

"Hi, I'm Skye. When you see Santa that's my boyfriend, Jaxtyn."

She holds her hands up and says. "I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Thanks for telling me he's yours. My fiance works in the bar and it's the first time that we've worked closely with each other. How do you and your boyfriend do it? Work together and live together."

"Ah, we don't live together yet. He lives in the same apartment building as me. So, we see each other all the time and Jaxtyn and I grew up with each other. He was my neighbour."

"Ow, you're one of those couples. Falling in love with the girl/boy next door. I supposed your parents are friends as well."

"Yeah, that right. We also lived in mansions too and got almost everything we wanted. There's also some family drama that got mixed up with our relationship, which is why we started dating recently. We have liked each other for years, but it wasn't possible for us to make the move until..."

Well it's still not a perfect time, but it will be on Wednesday. When this is all over.

She leans forward. "Until when?"

Shaking my head I look at her. "It's still not the right time, but we gave in to our feelings because of how strong it is." I quickly change into the elf costume and walk out the door with Heather.