🌲Under The Mistletoe - 49 🌲

Skye's POV

After breakfast I head up to my bedroom and close the curtains, making the room dark. I climb into the bed and set an alarm for 11am. Moving around in the bed I try to find a comfortable position and settle with being in my side facing the wall.

Beep, beep, beep.

The excess noise of the alarm wakes me up and I turn it off. Reaching out to the nightstand I grab my phone and turn it on. After it's restarted I type in the code and then it goes off alerting me to a message on the phone.

Looking at it I see a missed call and there's a message. I go to the voice mail and listen to the message.

Hey, Skye. It's Jaxtyn. I'm at your apartment and you're not there. Can you call me when you get this message, please?

He sounds worried that I'm not at the apartment and not answering the door. We were supposed to come here together this morning, but with what happened at my place I couldn't stay there.

There's a knock on my bedroom door and I walk over to it. Opening it I see my father leaning against the wall. "Get dressed. I want to talk to you about something important and I need your input with it."

"Okay, give me ten minutes. I'll meet you in the study."

"Great, see you soon." He starts walking down the hallway. Stopping he turns towards me and says. "Jaxtyn called your Grandfather today and he let it go to voicemail. Which is unusual because these two have formed a connection that could break because of what's going on."

"Their relationship isn't going to be fractured because he didn't answer one phone call. I'm going to talk to Jaxtyn later. I'm just not ready to hear from him right now."

He nods. "That's good to know." Dad continues to walk down the hall and he opens the first door on the right hand side, where the study is.

Going through the closet I grab a beige dress and pair them with beige sandals and then I make my way to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

After the shower I get changed and head to the study where my father is waiting for me. Opening the door I see him sitting in a chair facing his parents who are in front of him on leather chairs.

I walk across the room and take a seat across from them.

Dad clears his throat. "I was supposed to do this with Jaxtyn in the room, but he already knows what I'm about to tell you, Skye."

"How does he know about it before me? I'm your daughter. Shouldn't I know stuff before him?"

"You should. He found out through sheer luck and it had nothing to do with me."

"Okay, what is it that you want to tell me?"

"I'm selling the mansion."

No, he can't do that. That's the place that holds all my memories of Mom. Nicole and he mother can't take that away from me. I'm not going to let.

Standing up I look at him. "You're not going to sell the house. I'll buy it from you. Just please don't get rid of it."

A smile spreads across his face. "That's the exact reaction I got from, Jaxtyn. He doesn't want me to sell it either. I think he wants to live next door to his parents. That's why he doesn't want me to sell and also because of all memories you have there."

Moving over to him I ask. "Does that mean I can have the house?"

"Yes, you can have it. Also, I don't want either of you to pay me for it. Just redecorate it and then you can let me visit. I'm not going to want to be near that house for a while."