🌲 Under The Mistletoe - 39 🌲

Skye's POV

Jaxtyn holds the door open for me at Rivera Italian restaurant. "After you mi lady," he bows slightly.

"Thank you, kind sir." I say, with a fake English accent. Stepping into Rivera the lights are dimmed and there's candles lining each table and rose petals on the table.

In the background is a group of people playing instruments, while the customers have their dinners.

Walking up to the podium I'm greeted by a girl I've never seen before. She smiles and says. "Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, it's under Skye Reeves."

She flips through the book and then looks at me. "I'm sorry I don't see a reservation under that name. I can find another day for you to have your meal here."

"No, thanks." I look around until I see Skyler talking to a group of men. "Can you get Skyler for me?"

Her face pales and she shakes her head. "I'm sorry, but I've been told that I can't approach her."

"Hey, Skyler." I yell.

The woman behind the counter says. "Please, don't do that. You can get me fired."

Ignoring her I call out her name again and this time she turns towards me. A warm smile comes across her face and she excuses herself from the table.

Jaxtyn pulls me against him. He whispers. "Do you know why you're name isn't in the book?"

I shake my head. "We'll find out shortly."

Skyler stops in front of us and says. "Hey, guys. Would you follow me to your table?"

Looking behind me I see Lauren and Trevor walk into the restaurant. "Lauren, we're getting shown to our table now."

"Okay," she places her hand in Trevor's and we all make our way outside to our table.

When we reach our tables I say to Skyler. "Why wasn't our names on the book?"

"Oh, shit," she looks at the ground. "I was supposed to tell you that we took your name off the books because we suspect someone in this establishment is sharing information that they're not supposed to. It's taking a lot of time and resources to find out this information."

A smile spreads across my face. "Do you mind if I do an experiment with one of your workers? It will give you the information that you might need?"

"Any help would be great."

Pulling out a box that has clear liquid in it. I stick my finger in it and out comes a small device that sticks to your finger. It looks like the colour of your skin and it's not noticeable.

The person wearing it won't know it's there.

I put an ear piece in my ear that's the same colour as my skin and give the second one to Skyler. "I want you to give this one to Luca. He can listen in on the conversation by the person I'm going to tag."

Jaxtyn places his hand on top of mine. "Should you really be interfering in something that's none of your business?"

"I'm helping out a friend. Besides, Grandma and Aunt Mariana wouldn't be happy if I didn't use the device for good. I know the mafia aren't the best people to let into your life, but Skyler is different to them. She may be married to Luca, but that doesn't make her anything like her other half. You should remember that. In your brothers case things are the way they seem." Getting up I walk away from the table and back inside the restaurant.

Seeing the woman behind the podium I walk over to her and say. "I want to apologise for the way I acted earlier." Shaking her hand I say. "I'll talk to Skyler and make sure you don't get fired."

"Thanks," She whispers. "I better get back to work."

The door opens and a guy wearing a suit walks into the restaurant with a girl attached to his arm.

I walk away leaving her to attend to the new customers.

In the device I hear her say. "Welcome to Rivera. Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes," the guy replies and gives his name to her.

I walk outside to where Jaxtyn is sitting and he has a bottle of wine in a silver container. A glass has been poured for me. "I'm sorry, Jaxtyn. I never planned for this to happen while on a date with you."

He shakes his head. "Skye, I don't want to give you an ultimatum, but if you keep doing things you're not supposed to I will."

He's really mad at me for helping out a friend. I thought it would be cool to use the device Aunt Mariana gave me, before the Christmas party. I just want to make sure that it works.

Jaxtyn takes a long drink out of the glass. "Next time we go out, I'm choosing the place and we're not going to have other people tag along with us. I know you felt bad about what was happening with Lauren and Trevor, but it wasn't your place to stick your nose into their business."

"So, we're having our first fight. How does it feel, Jaxtyn?"

"Like shit. I never want to fight with you, Skye. I know you've got a lot on your plate, but interfering in others problems isn't going to help you with yours. You should deal with yours above anything else. We have a couple days until shit hits the fan."

"I know, Jaxtyn."

He slams his hands on the table and looks at me with narrowed eyes. "If you know them why are you doing this?"

Holding a hand up I say. "Shut up."

The girl's voice comes over the ear piece and she says. "Boss, we have a woman that's friends with Luca's wife, Skyler. Her name is Skye Reeves. She'll be the one to help us. She's also with Jaxtyn Emmanuel and a girl named Lauren and her boyfriend, Trevor."

"Shit," the male replies. "You need to get out of there ASAP. You're cover has been blown."

Fuck, I can't let her get out of her with my device. I need it on Tuesday night.

Standing up I begin to walk away.

"If you walk into that restaurant, Skye. I won't be here when you return. You'll have to find another way home."

I'll take that chance.

I walk through the door and see the woman still at the podium. Taking her hand I say. "You should have been very careful when you infiltrated this place. There are eyes," I point to the cameras. "And ears, that can see and hear everything you say and do. Also, you should be careful with who you talk to."

Her face a pales. "How did you know I wasn't supposed to be here?"

Pointing at her nail polish I say. "You've got stuck on nails and the polish has been recently done. You're also wearing expensive black pants and heels. Most people want to be comfy when they work long hours. So, how long have you been undercover?"

She looks in the direction of the door. "I better get going before they find out."

"It's too late, agent Josephine Carter." A male voice says, from behind us.