🌲Under The Mistletoe - 31🌲

Skye's POV

Mariana and I put the tent in the truck with the rifles. She looks at me and says. "I'm glad you came out with us this weekend. It was good getting to know you."

A smile spreads across my face. "I agree. You look a bit like my Grandparents and Dad. Are you related to them in any way?"

She puts her finger up to her lips. "I'm not supposed to say anything to you, but yes I am related to them. They're my parents and your father is my brother."

"Why didn't you grow up with Dad?"

She looks away and then sighs. "When I was younger the CIA took me in and trained me to be a soldier. I was the daughter of one of the best agents they had and they believe I have the same talents as my mother. What they didn't expect was that I would be better than expected. I've infiltrated a number of companies and agencies undetected and have taken companies down from the inside. They've recently asked me to get involved in the Reeves one, but I knew I couldn't do that to my family. When you take over you'll be able to keep me updated on everything that happens."

"Why did you show up now and not earlier?"

She could have helped Dad and did some research on the psychos that came apart of our family.

Mariana pulls me into her arms. "I couldn't come back earlier. I've been moved all over the world and haven't been able to stay in one place. Now, I'm back in the States I don't want to move again." She lies her head on top of my head. "You don't have to call me Aunt Mariana if you don't want to. I know I'm a newly founded member of the Reeves family."

A smile spreads across my face. "Dad's going to be happy with having you in his life. Just don't do anything to hurt us."

"I won't hurt you." She looks at her watch where a fancy watch sits. "We should get you to the Country Club for your first shift as the Elf. I'll let my family know I'm there too."

We get in the car and drive to the Country Club.

 The car comes to a stop in front of the Country Club

The car comes to a stop in front of the Country Club. I step out and look around the car park. I see Jaxtyn's car parked in the same spot he used when we came here a couple days ago.

Is he the Santa that my Grandfather hired?

Stepping into the building I see a new girl standing behind the desk. She smiles at us. "Welcome to the Country Club. I hope you have a nice day." She says, robotically.

I bet it's hard to stand there and say the same phrase every time a new person entered the building.

Walking over to the girl I say. "You don't have to oversell it with the greeting. Don't force is be yourself. That's all we want from you."

"Thanks, I'll try that. I've seen you around a lot, but I haven't had a chance to introduce myself. I'm Gael and you are?"

"Skye Reeves."

"It's nice to meet you. I shouldn't hold you up any longer as you've got a costume to put on. Mr Reeves, doesn't like it when his employees run late."

I rush down the hall and walk into the change room. Picking up the elf costume I quickly change into it before heading out of the room. 

Walking towards Santa's I miss the person standing in front of me and crash into them. "I'm so sorry." Looking up I see that it was Santa that I crashed into.

He looks closely at me. "That's alright, Skye."

I know...

His lips crash onto mine and all thoughts are forgotten as I get into the kiss. I return the kiss as well. People start whistling and making a lot of noise as they watch Santa and the elf make out.

A smile spreads across my face. "Jaxtyn?"

He's the only person that I know that would kiss me.

"Yes, it's me. Let's get the show underway." He walks over to the chair and sits.

A mother with blonde hair is the first person in line. She's standing with her six year old son who has the biggest grin on his face.

Opening the gate I let the boy in and he runs over to Jaxtyn and climbs onto his lap.

The camera woman takes the picture before Jaxtyn starts talking to the kid and he gives Jaxtyn a long list of this he wants.

I shouldn't have expected the list to be small because it we're in the Country Club.

Looking up I see Mariana walk past and she has a smile on her face. Beside her is my father and they're getting along, which is something I expected when it comes to them being siblings.

Trailing behind them are my Grandparents and they look in my direction. They have smiles on their faces and I know it thanks to my Aunt.

She's going to be good for the family.

The little boy gets off Jaxtyn's leg. As he leaves he says. "Bye, Santa." When he reaches his mother he takes her hand and they walk away.

My attention is drawn to the next child that's supposed to meet Santa and she's holding her mother's hand and crying. "I don't want to go." She moves behind her mother.

I walk over to the little girl and kneel to her height. Her brown hair is curled loosely around her face and she's wearing a pink dress. "It's okay, princess. How about you sit with me on the chair and you can tell us what you want for Christmas.

The girl wipes her face and then a smile spreads across her face. "Okay," she holds her arms up for me and I lift her up.

Her mother smiles. "Thank you." she kisses her daughter's cheek. "She's been difficult when it comes to taking pictures with Santa. She seems to like you a lot."

"You're welcome. I'm glad I can help." I carry her over to Jaxtyn and then ask. "What's your name, princess?"

"Abigail," she replies with a toothy grin.

Jaxtyn moves over making room for me and we start talking to her.

Abigail gives us a short list of things she wants for Christmas and while we're talking to her a few photos are taken.

The photographer gets our attention and we all look over at her and she takes another photo of us.

I take Abigail over to her Mom and she holds her arms out to her mother. Walking over to the photographer I say. "Can you give the Mom one of the natural photos and the last one? I'll pay for the other one."

She shakes her head. "No, I'm going to give her all the natural ones free of charge. I've been taking photos for weeks with the other Santa and Elf. They haven't been as good as the two of you. You want the kids to feel safe, while the others did it because Mr Reeves made them.