Chapter Two.

The weather outside is blazing, hot enough for even the ants to stay in their homes rather than step foot on the boiling concrete that lies outside. (Name) sits on her futon in her small home, a book in hand and the air-con blasting cool wind over her body in a refreshing manner. 

She sighs blissfully, turning the page of her book before deciding to roll over and lie on her other side. She rolls over, only to see a familiar lock of silver hair and a sleeping face not far from her. 

"Son of a bitch," she mutters, sitting up and smacking her leg onto the man's stomach. 

Gintoki sits up with a heavy gasp, clutching his stomach. "Hey, what was that for!" he yells. 

"Excuse me? Why are you in my house?!" (Name) retorts, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. 

"Because you have air-con, obviously!" Gintoki states as if it is the most obvious fact in the world. 

(Name) scowls. "So you just broke in?!" 

"I didn't break in, I used the key you gave me!"

 (Name) stares at him in disbelief. 

"I didn't give you a key!"

"Well, why do I have one then!" Gintoki retorts, giving her his own look of disgust. (Name) looks at his eyes for a moment. 

"You little shit, you took it. I was wondering where that went! I had to pay to get a new one!"

She hisses. Gintoki raises his hands defensively, lips forward in a pout. 

"Fine, maybe you didn't give it to me, but it's still mine!"

 (Name) scowls. "You are living trash."

"Rude! What did I do to deserve that?!"

"Hm, I don't know, maybe it's because you broke into my house?"

Gintoki throws a hand to his chin and closes his eyes, brows furrowed in deep thought. 

"...Nope, don't recall. Never happened."

Sighing, (Name) throws her hands up in defeat. 

"Fine, you can stay. But you're giving me the damn key back."

A sly grin on his face, Gintoki tosses a key at her and lies down in the middle of the futon as she catches it, the air-con blowing against his hair gently and making it curl. (Name) huffs. 

"That's my spot."

She kicks him to the side, causing the Samurai to yelp and pout, "You're so mean to me." 

(Name) picks up her book and lies back down, her back to him. 

"Be grateful I tolerate you at all, you rat." She mumbles, a faint smile on her lips.