Chapter Seven.

"I'm here," Shinpachi announces as he opens the door to Odd Jobs Gin. Receiving no response, he enters anyway, carrying a bag of groceries. 

"Gin-san?" He calls, wondering why he hasn't had a reply. His question is answered as he enters the living room, seeing the Samurai and (Name) asleep on the floor with red-tinted cheeks, clearly passed out from drinking too much. 

He sighs, placing the groceries on the small table and leaning down to pick up the empty sake bottles off the ground. Scrunching his nose at the smell, Shinpachi steps over the sleeping figures on his way to throw the bottles out, only to accidentally kick Gintoki when the silver haired man rolls over. 

The barely-sober man curses, his eyes opening and a hand holding the side of his head to reduce the throbbing.

"Shinpachi, what the hell?" Gintoki slurs, still feeling the after-effects of the alcohol. 

"Don't blame me, you're the one on the floor!" Shinpachi defends himself as he continues with his task. 

Gintoki groans, rubbing his eyes before looking to his side, seeing (Name) still asleep on the floor, eyes shut peacefully and a small trail of drool slipping out of her open mouth. Taking a moment to process everything, Gintoki's cheeks tint themselves red as he notices the woman is wearing one of his shirts. 

He rubs his eyes again, certain he must be seeing things, and racks his brain for a memory of why they ended up the way they did. He's dragged back to reality as (Name) groans awake, her eyes and nose scrunching as, no doubt, a headache finally reaches her. 

She sits up, one hand supporting her and one rubbing her neck. "Son of a..." She mutters, opening her eyes to groggily look at the equally groggy Gintoki. 

"Hey," he points at her. "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

She looks down, noticing she is, in fact, wearing his shirt. "I know as much as you," she slurs.

"Take it off," Gintoki pouts, crossing his arms and almost falling to the side. 

"Fine," she huffs, arms moving to lift the shirt. Once noticing she has nothing underneath, Gintoki quickly holds his hands in front of her and shakes them, telling her to stop. 

"Stop, stop, stop! You can keep it on!" He calls, cheeks darkening in colour. 

"Huh? Make up your mind!" (Name) huffs, pulling the shirt back down and rubbing the side of her head to lessen the throbbing pain. 

Avoiding eye contact with her, Gintoki huffs. "Well, I can't just let you strip, can I?!" 

At that same moment, Shinpachi enters the room with a dead look. "Ah? I thought you'd like watching her strip," he states with an almost straight face as he throws a water bottle at both adults.

Gintoki, whose bottle hit him in the face, rubs his nose with a complaint. (Name) curses her headache and opens the bottle, downing half of it in one gulp. 

"For the record," she grins with tired eyes, "your shirt is comfortable. I might just keep it."

Gintoki spits out his water, "Absolutely not! That was expensive!"