4- Fear*

The echoing steps in the castle chamber added to the feeling of loneliness... why was the castle so empty?
"Hey... Lancer?" I asked. Lancer turned his head over his shoulder.
"Ho ho! Do you need somethin'?" Lancer replied in his usual tone.
"How come this place is so empty? Where is everyone?" Lancer's tone turned slightly.
"Probably off doing royal stuff, I still have ta' study all of that," Lancer continues.
"But it's nothin' a lil tutoring an' this big brain can't complete!" Lancer smiles, tapping a finger to his head.
I had to smile back at that. The rest of the walk was oddly quite. I assume Lancer got sad after having mentioned his lack of involvement in royalty.
I could tell we had arrived when Lancer stopped at a wide double door. He looked down before grabbing a hold of my hand.
"Will ya tell Susie I said hi?" Lancer asked. While I don't like Susie, I couldn't just say no.
"I will, Lancer." I smiled at him before giving him a hug.
As I turned my attention to the door to open, I had to think and take in what was happening. Ok so I'm going through a magic fountain from a magic land where I don't even know where it leads to. Great. I assume I had been lost in thought for some time, because something made me lose focus on my gaze with the door and my thoughts. The pater of bare paws on the cold castle grounds.
"Wait! Hold on!" Ralsei cried reaching his hand out as if to stop me.
Ralsei grabs onto my arm and pulls me away.
"Ralsei?! What do you want?? What are you doing?!" I yell.
"I... just wanted to apologise... I don't want it to end like this," Ralsei lowered his head.
"End like what? Ralsei what are you talking about?" I continue to question.
"I mean... I don't want you to be mad at me forever," Ralsei slumps onto his knees and lowers his head.
"Please... just don't hate me..." Ralsei begins to sob.
"I can't stand being hated. I'm so lonely... I don't have anyone to love. So for you to hate me would be the... the end of my whole world..."
I look down at Ralsei with pitiful eyes. Before I could kneel down and comfort him, he got up and wiped away his tears, putting his hat over his face.
"Oh Ralsei... I don't hate you. Please don't cry..." I took a step closer to him. Ralsei lowered his hat to reveal something...
     Two pink horns, long, fluffy white fur, and the most adorable eyes. All hidden under the shade of his hat.
     "You don't?" he questions, inching closer and dropping his hat to the ground.
     "No... of... of course not..." I spoke meekly. I look around realising something was missing.
     "Hey Ralsei? Where... where's La—" before I could finish my sentence... I felt Ralsei wrap his arms around me.
     "I'm so sorry... you're too perfect to lose..." Ralsei whispered in my ear.
          "What are yo...u... tal...king...ab....out...Ral...sei............" I felt by knees become weak and my body become heavier and heavier. I tried fighting it but I couldn't.
     "Shh... shh...you don't have to worry... anymore..." Ralsei held me in his arms, his finger on my lips.
     "You're ok... I only used a spell so I can keep you safe..." Ralsei held me tighter and closer. I could feel my eyes lids begin to fall.
     "I don't want my precious flower's petals to be plucked... I want to take care of her and nurture her..." My vision became blurry before I couldn't tell what was what.

And then, darkness.

.
.
.

"You are mine to love,"