o. tragedy will prevail

prologue - act one
TRAGEDY WILL PREVAIL

prologue - act oneTRAGEDY WILL PREVAIL

──────────

IT'S SUCH A PITY, that the most beautiful things usually have the most tragedy brewing deep within them. As the bewitching, yet fatal explosion reflects within the dull, tearful eyes of Eden Abren, none are left to gaze on in awe of the vibrant orange and red flames that dance in the usual darkness of the galaxy, focusing instead on how they consume anything they touch. The liveliness the galaxy once held, but was drained away in the years of recent, shimmers throughout the gleeful blazes, whilst the flame strips away the life of the once grande planet; Alderaan.

Truly, it is ironic. That a ravishing event that few, with the mind to seek beauty through the pain, would find pleasing to the eye, is the same thing to still the hearts of an entire planet's inhabitants. Almost.

Sitting crumbled against the cold, unforgiving floor of her ship, the horrendous tendrils of grief wrap around the fragile body of Eden, their grip beyond suffocating. All she'd been able to do as a moon-like space station brought upon the destruction of her home planet - the only place she has ever called home - was watch. She could only wish that she'd died alongside her people, and more importantly, her family.

One last job. The words that had rolled off her silver tongue far too many times, each and every version of them not intended to be false, but morphing into a lie nonetheless. She'd promise it, not only to herself, but to those she loves. That, after this one time, she would finally settle down; escape her life of crime. Habits are hard to break, and so she'd told herself the same three words again, and uttered what she didn't know to be her final goodbyes to those on Alderaan. Taking her ship from the starport, she'd set out to complete yet another final job.

She'd barely made it beyond the blast zone of her planet's destruction when the Empire had come for them, and brought upon an end to life as Eden had always known it.

In the midst of the chaos, Eden's shaking hand grasps out for her only tether to the life that now lies in ruins; destroyed by the breath-taking glistens of orange and red within the galaxy's darkness. The familiar cold feeling of a silver chain clutched within her sweaty palm forces her heart to skip a beat, her heart rising to her throat as she hastily manoeuvres a necklace out from beneath the collar of her shirt. Her hand moves quickly to encase the locket that rests just above her heart, terrified it will disappear before her eyes, as had her home.

Though she cannot scavenge the small particles of courage from the ashes of her once full heart needed for her to open the locket, the textures of the metal within her palm brings a momentary ounce of comfort to Eden, even if minuscule. In a way, the item is the beauty that comes along with her suffocating tragedy, but, unfortunately, that beauty is stamped out by reality.

As in the end, tragedy always prevails.

──────────

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎

I have no clue what I just
wrote, but I did it nonetheless,
so I hope you enjoy. I might be
able to get out some quicker
updates now, because school is
pretty much over for the year,
and I have six weeks off (:

Anyway, thank you for your
support! I hope you have a
great day 💛