iv. the falsities of trust

chapter four - act one
THE FALSITIES OF TRUST

chapter four - act oneTHE FALSITIES OF TRUST

──────────

Silence encaptures the mismatched trio as they wander with purpose throughout the desert wasteland, their journey back to the Mandalorian's ship having commenced once more during the earliest hours of the morning. A vague aching lingers within the legs of Eden, though she brushes aside, simply wishing to escape the scorching temperatures of the planet as soon as she possibly can. What comes after they escape, however, causes tendrils of guilt to constrict around her heart, the knowledge of the child's fate suffocating any joy she may get from the reward. But in the end, Eden doesn't believe she has any other options.

Mando, reaching the peak of the dune moments before her, as he had led their small group, halts within the midst of his step. Stepping up to his side, a flicker of annoyance passes over Eden when she spots a sand crawler within the distance, positioned beside a ship she assumes to be the razor crest. Mirroring the actions of her fellow bounty hunter, she drops to a crouched position, glancing toward Mando as he pulls out a telescope, using it to gain a better view of the situation below. "What do you see?"

Opting to instead allow her to see for herself, he throws the telescope into Eden's hands. Lifting the small device to her eye, she mutters a few words of distaste at the sight of Jawa's stripping the ship for its parts. Beside her, Mando wastes not even a moment more as he takes his rifle off his back, using it to shoot down at the creatures, disintegrating them upon impact.

Utter chaos ensues amongst the Jawas as Mando fires upon them, Eden merely watching him with a raised brow. Watching as the small creatures scramble back into the safety of their Sandcrawler, determination sparks within the Mandalorian as the Jawas flee, scared of enduring his wraith. Darting up from his crouched position, he doesn't offer a second thought toward his actions as he bolts down the dune in pursuit of the crawling fortress.

"He's an idiot," Eden mumbles beneath her breath, her head shaking slightly in disbelief. Pushing herself slowly back into a standing position, she watches in exasperation as Mando chases after the near-impenetrable vehicle, attempting to climb onto it. Out of instinct her gaze shifts toward the child, only to find that the pod is no longer there.

Having to do a double-take, an annoyed sigh passes by the threshold of Eden's lips as she catches sight of the pod, following after the Mandalorian. Pinching the bridge of her nose in disgruntlement, she begins stepping forward, begrudgingly chasing after both the child and the man whom, in her opinion, was acting like one. She hadn't planned to follow, but with her bounty being dragged into the mess, she wills her legs to carry her forward.