O N E

"Hi, my name is Park Jimin. I hope we can get along." The brunette bowed and gave a warm smile to the rest of the students in his homeroom.

As nervous as he was, he tried to put on a cool face as he scanned through the sea of faces until his eyes landed on a particular redhead about his age. The boy smiled and waved at him cheerfully in return, making Jimin smile.

"Okay, you may go sit beside Mr. Yang over there. That's all for today." The teacher pointed at the said boy sitting a seat behind the redhead who was surprisingly giving Jeongin venomous glares which sent shivers down Jimin's spine.

"Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung!" A boy with black hair turned to him and gave a box smile.

"Oh new boy! Hey, I'm Jeon Jungkook." The redhead beside him exclaimed with an enthusiastic bunny smile and shook the shocked boy's hand.

"P-park Jimi-." Before the answer left his mouth, Jungkook shoved him closer and cupped one of his ear and and whispered.

"Now, my advise as a friend, you should be very very aware of the punchbag beside you."

Surprised, Jimin glanced at Jeongin and back at the redhead who nodded with a serious look on his face.

After discussing with Taehyung and Jungkook, he learnt that the three of them had the same timetable, which meant that they'll have the same classes together.

"Omo! We'll be able to hangout more often!" Exclaimed Taehyung as he clapped with a smile on his face.

"Yah! Take that Jeongin! I call dibs on Jiminie!"

Both Jeongin and Jimin looked startled.

"You what?"

Jungkook stared at the two boys and nodded with a laugh and then brought the brunette closer and whispered.

"See that? He is very dirty minded. Don't even think about talking to him!"

Again, all Jimin could do was nod uneasily. He wasn't expecting to make friends so early.

"Okay."

The three boys had their first class, which was maths. The whole room was pin-drop silent as the teacher went on explaining how to calculate the value of X in a quadratic equation.

In other words, it was quiet until the redhead sitting in front of him decided to mess around.

"Teacher."

"Yes Mr. Jeon?"

"I saw this note in my drawer, apparently someone has been passing notes with very bad things written on it." He said in a matter-of-factly tone and eyed the anxious looks on the students around him as the teacher opened the folded paper with a serious look on his face.

In a matter of seconds, the teacher was grinning and a cheeky smile spread across the redhead's face confusing the whole class except for Taehyung who face palmed and sat back relaxed.

"This is a good joke Jeon but whether we like it or not, we still have to find the X." Said the teacher and turned to face the board.

"But that relationship is over! Can't algebra just accept his fate and move on with his life and leave his X alone without asking why?!" Whined the redhead as the class burst out laughing.

"That's Jungkook for you." Taehyung whispered to the confused brunette who somehow had a smile on his face.

"Now now, we're far behind the curriculum, so no wasting time." With that said, the class went back to study mode.