𝟏𝟑

𝓣𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓭𝓪𝔂
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕
°𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮°

Its Thanksgiving and my house is loud. Usually, its just me and pops. Noe and My'lynn would stop by of course but, today it was me, pops, my friends, Jared, Nyseem, Mrs. Hemmingway, Areya, Wizyrd, and their dad. I invited Nyseem, I didn't know his mother was coming which I didn't have a problem with. Jared just showed up, I have no clue how he got my address I need to ask him but I keep getting side tracked. Areya coming was her Christmas gift to me as she stated and Wizyrd just wanted to surprise me. All of them hear was noisy but I ain't mind. Pops didn't either, the look on his face when he saw everyone arrive was nostalgic. I had a feeling he always wanted it to be more than just us. He always had a look of solemn around this time of year, I'm happy he's smiling.

We're all gathered in the living room. We just ate and now we're talking and laughing. Wizyrd and I are beside each other. We've gotten closer over the past couple of days. He's become someone who I can vent to. I don't completely despise him now, I guess you can say we're friends now. As the others are laughing he nudges me and leans towards my ear.

" I got another blunt."

" Ight let me ask Noe if-"

" Nah." He whispers back. "Just me and you."

I give a confused look and nod.

We smoked a couple blunts earlier with Noe, since he was the only other person who smoked, I guess he wanted to tell me something.

We excused ourselves and went upstairs to my room. My'lynn and Noe's faces showed me that they thought we were going to do something inappropriate. When we got to my room, he made himself comfortable as if he was home.

" I don't remember telling you to make yourself at home." I say sternly

" Shut up." He chuckles as he lays in my bed. He pulls out a bag of weed and a pack of Optimo's, like last time. He starts to roll the blunt as I lay next to him and turn on The Seven Deadly Sins movie.

" This shit tough." He says pearling the blunt.

" You don't strike me as the anime type."

" Don't judge a book by the cover."

I laugh at the fact he just said that cliche ass shit.

" What's funny?" He asks genuinely confused.

I shake my head as he looks at me.

He finishes rolling and sparks it. I ain't suppose to be smoking in the house, but pops occupied and he won't come in here cause I got company, so might as well take my chances. I really should've thought this shit through though cause if I get caught he gone beat my ass off my back.

" I can ask you something?" He asks taking a long hit.

" you just did."

He hits my arm playfully.

" I ain't tryna get in yo bus lines or nothing but I peeped some shit. How you let yo nigga talk to somebody more than he talk to you?"

I stare into space for a while. I hadn't noticed that my relationship issues were so noticeable. Then again Wizyrd analyzes everything, he observant as hell.

I shrug.

" it's been going on so long I just say fuck it." I say taking the blunt from his hands.

" why you put up with that shit?"

" ion know." I mumble. " I can't leave him, I love him too much. I feel like we got this connection that I won't find with anyone else."

" that ain't true. you a good person anybody that got you should be lucky, you gotta good heart."

I sigh.

"and you never know a better, deeper connection might be around the corner."

I look at him. Taking in every detail of his face. He looked back though, as if he was doing the same thing to me. He smirks and I smile. I pass him back the blunt and go over to my dresser. I get my notebook and go back to my spot on the bed. When he sees my notebook, his eyes light up.

" I knew a nigga was gone get to you eventually." His says with the most excitement I've seen him express.

" you only reading one thing bruh. better feel lucky cause I don't let nobody ready nothing in this.

" I ain't nobody." He tries to say under his breathe.

" here." I say passing my notebook to him. I know me and Wizyrd ain't known each other that long but he's the first person I've been able to open up so quickly to, shit it took pops a whole year. It's just something about him, his aura cloaked in a mystery that I wanted to figure out. He props himself to the read the words I wrote. I'm nervous as fuck, my hands start sweating.

Pain.
Pain is a feeling,
That anyone can cause.
Family a word,
Nothing but broken bonds.

Pain is a feeling
That can last infinitely.
Family are the ones
Who cause me pain continuously.

Provider, protector
Meaningless words.
Comforter, teacher
You'll never learn.

You hurt me, broke me
Told me bitter lies.
I needed you, screamed for you
You left me behind.

Family is just a word,
No meaning at all.
But pain everlasting
Forever in my heart
Until the day I'm gone.

When he's done, he doesn't say anything. He just looks at me. I don't make eye contact.

" yeah I know it's trash." I say. He had put the blunt out before reading, so I had nothing to cleanse this feeling.

Still not a word. Without warning I feel arms wrapped around me. I hesitate but hug him back after a while. This hug said the things his mount didn't. This hug told me all I wanted to hear, all the things he felt. I was certain at this point. The tears swell in my eyes, I fight them from falling.

He pulls away and look at me again. He hooked his hand under my chin and lifts my head up.

" you deserve better."

•••
𝓿𝓸𝓽𝓮
𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽
&
𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂