CHAPTER 1:The Year Begins

There I was, the last year that I would ever come to this is place. Standing there at the entrance of the high school. It's like the last three years passed by in three days.

    "Hey, you okay?" I heard someone behind me say and I turned to find myself face to face with my twin brother.

    "Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't believe that it's already senior year." I said, putting my arm around his waist as we walked into the school.

    "Yeah, me too. Are you still keeping your name a secret, or are you actually going to tell people?" he asked as I opened my locker to put some stuff inside. I looked ar him and folded my arms.

    "Really? I'm not telling anybody my name until they figure it out or it's graduation day." I replied with a bit of sass behind my words.

    "Yeah, yeah. I know. Young Miss Fortune stays for a little while longer." he says sarcastically. If you're wondering, Miss Fortune is my nickname because I give people fortunes for cash.

    Oh, sorry. I guess I should explain myself. My name is Katt, but don't tell anybody that. I like to keep my personal life private. HA! Who am I kidding. There is no privacy when you have a twin brother. Especially a brother who can hear your thoughts and feel what you feel. His name is Kitt. Yes, I know. My parents didn't think about the names until after they named us.

    Again, sorry. I really need to practice telling people about our special powers. First of all, my brother and I are the first ones in our family to be born with powers.

    We think the reason we can hear each other's thoughts and feel what the other feels, involving emotion and physical pain, is because we're twins. It hurts every time my no good brother gets into fights, but I have learned how to block the pain. He hasn't. Which doesn't bother him. He's the one getting into fights, not me.

    Would you like to know what we look like? Okay. I have dark brown hair and purple eyes. Same for Kitt. We have no idea what our normal eye color would've been. Our dad ha blue eyes and our mom has blue, so we don't know. We guess it'd be brown, because brown is more dominant than blue.

    Anyway, my brother also has the ability to see an individual's memories. He can only use it when he's touching them. It's the same for me, except I can see the future. We've learned how to control our powers enough so that  we don't have a vision every time we touch someone, only when we want to.

    Okay, now here's the cool part, we both have one other power. We can move objects with our minds. This particular power is hard to hide. We have great control over it, but when we use it, it's a bit obvious. There is what looks like purple energy  that emits from our bodies and surrounds the object we want to move. It moves it the way we want it to go. This power can also be used to deflect objects that are moving towards you. We believe that this power is the reason why we were born with purple eyes, which look awesome by the way. So, now that you know a bit more about us, I'll continue the story.

    "Oh please, you were all for keeping our names a secret. Just because you gave it up, doesn't mean I have to. Come on, I promise that I'll tell the entire school on graduation day. Okay?" I said as I looked into his eyes, reflecting mine.

    He sighed and nodded. I smiled and hugged him in thanks. As I pulled away, i saw a couple other seniors picking on a girl I didn't recognize. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes, and she seemed to try to not show any fear towards them. I let go of Kitt and walked up behind them.

    "I would leave if I were you." I said with my arms folded. I used my mysterious fortune teller voice. As soon as they realized it was me, they ran off without a second glance, as usual. The girl looked at me, not knowing whether to be afraid or not.