Chapter 11: More Money, More Problems

The next morning, I woke up to "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift, playing. I rolled over and saw that Jewlse was getting ready for the day. 

"What the hell? What time is it?" I asked, sitting up and stretching. 

"It is almost eight in the morning. My first class starts today in half an hour. Sorry about the music, it helps me get up and moving." she said and I grabbed my bag and looked to see if I had any classes today, nope, none.

"Well, since I'm up, I guess I could put up some more flyers. Hey, can you take some and hand them out to people?" I asked as I started to get dressed. 

"Sure." she said, taking a few of the papers off my dresser. "Well, I'm going to go get some food, you want to come?" she asked, putting the papers in her bag. 

"Sure, just give me a minute." I said, still trying to change.

I finished changing, grabbed my papers, notebook, and money bag and put them into my bag. We left and headed over to the food court. On the way, we put up flyers on nearby bill boards and walls. Inside, I left some at the receptionist's desk and on the walls in the food court. We finally sat down and ate. We watched as people started looking at my flyers. One of them was the girl from last night.

When she saw the poster, she turned around and looked at me. When she saw me, she started heading over. I quickly fixed my hair and sat up straight like a professional. Jewlse looked at me concerned, but I shook my head, saying everything was okay. The girl sat down next to me, she looked like she had been crying all night.

"Hi, did you take the test?" I asked, and she nodded. 

"Yes, it was positive. Look, I need you to read me again. I want to know if I'm happy with my life if I have an abortion." she said, pulling out a twenty from her pocket. 

"Are you sure?" I asked, and she nodded again. "Okay, give me your hand." I said and she put the twenty on the table, and grabbed my hand. I looked a few years into her future, and she was working for a big company and was high up in management. She owned a big house and didn't have any family, boyfriend, or close friends. She was happy with her life, but filled with doubt and regret.

I pulled away and looked back up at her. "You will be very successful in life. You won't have any family, and you were filled with wonder about what would've happened if you kept the baby. Look, I don't want this to affect your decision. I want you to do what you choose. Don't do it because of me." I said, and she nodded, leaving with a hard decision to make. I turned back to Jewlse, and she was frowning. 

"Wow, I can't wait to see you do other people's fortunes." she said, and she smiled, getting up and leaving. Clearly, she didn't appreciate what I had told that girl. I grabbed the money and put it in my money bag. I pulled out my notebook and wrote her future and price. I put it away and got up and started putting flyers in the halls and other rooms, even by the bathrooms. When I finished, I headed back to my dorm room to work out. It had been awhile since I had a good workout.

After about an hour, I sat down on my bed, trying to think about what to do next. Really, I just wanted to read. So, I grabbed my bag and headed up to the library. I still had a few papers left, so I put them up in the library and at the counter. I looked through the books in the fantasy section, and found a book. From the back of the cover, I could tell that I was going to relate to the main character a lot. The book was called my "Freshman Year". The author was RH. I wonder who it is? I sat down in the reading area and started reading. When I finished a few chapters, I just sat there and watched the people below. Some were working on the computers, others were reading, some were just standing there talking.

"Hi." I jumped when somebody said something to me. I looked at the guy, and he was wearing a letterman's jacket, probably a football player. 

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked, closing my book. 

"Uh, yeah, tomorrow is the football game, and I've been having this bad feeling that something will happen tomorrow. Can you check for me?" he asked, and I smiled and he put a ten on my book.

"Okay, give me your hand." I said, putting down the book and holding out my hand. 

"Why?" he asked, taking my hand. 

"I can only read somebody if I'm touching their skin." I said and I started the vision. It went straight to the last minute of the game. He was running with the ball towards the goal line, and his path was clear. Then out of nowhere, a player from the other team tackled him to the ground a few feet away from the goal line. Going forward, he was in the hospital in a wheelchair. I quickly went back to the exact second the guy hit him. Fifty three seconds were left on the clock. I let go of his hand and came back to the present. 

"So? Is everything going to be okay?" he asked, and I shook my head no. 

"I'm sorry, in the last minute of the game, you get hit by another player. You ended up in the hospital paralysed from the waist down. I suggest, at exactly fifty four seconds left in the game, you dodge to the left to avoid him easily and reach the end goal unharmed." I said and he nodded, taking a deep breath. 

"Alright, thank you Katt. Well, I might come find you after the game to thank you again." he said as we both stood up and shook hands.

"Sure, I'll be in my room or with my boyfriend in his room." I said as I pulled out my notebook. "Oh. Okay, well, see you later." he said and he walked away. I wrote down his info, then put the book away. Since I was thinking about him, I went to go find Alec. When I couldn't find him, I just went back to my room. I decided to do another workout. I don't know why I did, but I felt like working out all the time. Another half an hour later, I'm still working out when the door opens and Jewlse walks in. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" she asks, leaving the door wide open. 

"Just, working out. It's been awhile." I said, as I did some sit ups. 

"Oh, okay. So, did you get any customers today, besides that pregnant girl?" she asked setting her bag on her bed. 

"Yeah, one, football player. How was class?" I asked, just laying on the floor, catching my breath. 

"It was pretty boring. I'm sure most of the classes will be boring. I noticed that you got more flyers up everywhere." she said as she pulled out a history textbook. 

"Yeah, I got bored. I don't have any classes until tomorrow. When is your next class?" I asked, getting off the floor and pulling out my fortune notebook and I grabbed a pen, setting it down on the notebook.

"Not for another hour. What are you writing about?" she asked, looking at my notebook. 

"I don't know yet, that's up to her." I said, pointing to the door, just as there was a knock. I looked up and there was a senior girl standing there. She had dark brown hair, dark green eyes, and it seemed that her skin glowed. I guess she kept it quite healthy.

"Hi, are you the fortune teller?" she asked, looking at me. 

"Yes, and you want a fortune?" I said, waving her in.

"Um, not exactly. I was wondering if you knew a woman named Dawn, Dawn Trioltee?" she said, and I was a bit hesitant to answer that. 

"Who is she to you?" I asked, and she seemed a bit nervous. She went to reach into her bag, and I tensed up, fists ready to swing. When she pulled out a paper, I realized that she wasn't here to hurt me. She walked up and handed me the paper. looked at it, and it seemed to be a copy of a birth certificate. It had the name DeeDee Trioltee as the child. I kept looking and Dawn Trioltee was under as the birth mother. Can you guess who Dawn Trioltee is? I looked back up at her and I felt like I couldn't breath. 

"Is this yours?" I asked, handing it back. 

"Yes, do you know her?" she asked putting it back into her bag. I nodded and she swallowed loudly. 

"Um, Jewlse, can you give us a minute?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of DeeDee, not for one second.