Chapter 5: Date Night

The next morning, I woke up earlier than I usually did. I was excited because today the four of us decided to go to the lake before it got too cold. Ever since my brother and I became spies, we would carry our guns with us everywhere. I was a better shot than Kitt. It made him mad. I was always better at doing things than he was. So, we decided to hang out before we became solely focused on becoming great spies. I put my gun in my purse before getting dressed. I'm actually surprised nobody found our weapons yet.

We were all going to leave at nine o'clock. I woke up at 7:50, so I went downstairs and read until Kitt woke up at eight. He and I put together a picnic basket. When it finally turned nine o'clock, Kitt and I knocked on their door and Alec answered. Kitt was giving him a death glare.

"Kitt. Stop," I said, nudging him in the ribs which -yes- I felt. "I really need to stop doing that."

"So, we should go." I said, grabbing Kitt's hand and pulling him away from Alec.

"Yay, let's go!" Lil said popping out from behind Alec excitedly. She jumped into a hug with Kitt, who was smirking at Alec. Alec was now starting to turn red with anger. I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous they were acting.

"Okay, you two are sitting away from each other." I pointed to them both.

"What? Why?" Alec asked, pretending to be normal.

"Because I said so. Let's go." Kitt and I took the back and they sat in the front. It was a silent ride the whole way to the lake. They just stared at each other through the rear view mirror the whole time.

When we did finally get to the lake, the tension was so dense, that you could probably actually cut it with a knife. I thought that they were going to strangle each other the second they stepped out of the car. Surprisingly, that didn't happen.

"Alright, let's go!" Lil said as she took off her clothes, revealing her wearing a two piece bathing suit.

"Alright!" I said as I did the same. She and I ran into the lake. I turned around and Kitt was staring at Lil, and Alec was smiling at me. "Are you coming!?" I asked, smiling back.

They looked at each other before coming in as well. We had so much fun once they stopped glaring at each other. We swam, laid on the rocks, played games, ate, and swam some more (after thirty minutes of waiting of course).

It was getting dark, so the boys started a fire. We all sat there staring at the fire while Lil sang and Alec played the guitar. I find out new things about him every day. I noticed that Kitt was watching Lil with a hint of a smile. She wasn't looking at him, but she was definitely blushing. They finished the song and we applauded.

"Thank you, thank you. We'll be here all night!" Alec said sarcastically.

"Oh, I seriously doubt that." Lil said, smiling deviously at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, looking at him confused.

"It's nothing. We should go, it's getting late." he said as he stood up and put away his guitar. We all agreed, packed up and went home.

When we got home, Alec told me to meet him out back again. When I knew for sure that Kitt had gone to sleep, I decided to go out my window. It was right next to the wall in between our houses, so I just jumped down. I sat down just as Alec came running out and up the wall.

"Hey, do you trust me?" he asked smiling happily. I smiled back and grabbed his hand.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't have told you about me if I didn't." he nodded and kissed me on the cheek.

"Come on!" He jumped back down. I jumped too and he started pulling me towards the front and to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we got in and quietly started the car and drove away.