Chapter 10: Long Nights? ...I Don't Think So.

We went back to our dorm room. All of the clothes I brought sucked for parties. Luckily, Jewlse was a party girl. She had plenty of outfits. She wore a glittery red dress to match her hair. I wore a sparkly black and blue dress. 

"Wow, you look good. You should wear stuff like this more often." Jewlse said checking me out. 

"Yeah, I haven't exactly been in the mood to dress up." I said, referring to my brother. 

"Oh, well, you still should. So, when is Alec coming?" she asked and just then, there was a knock on the door. 

"Now." I said as I opened the door.

"Hey, you look great. You ready?" he asked. 

"Yep, let's go." I said and we all headed out. Jewlse took the lead and showed us to a sorority house, the Alpha Lambs. The music was already blasting when we got there. We walked in and there were people dancing everywhere. On the other side of the room was a beverage section. I saw that Jewlse was watching the guy that asked her out earlier. 

"Go talk to him." I whispered to her, and she hesitated, but then she walked on over and said hello.

"So, care to dance?" I asked, holding my hand our to Alec, and he smiled. 

"I thought you'd never ask." he said and we walked out into the middle of the room and started dancing. We danced for a few songs, but I got really thirsty, quickly. 

"I'm going to go get a drink!" I yelled over the music, and he gave me thumbs up. I walked away and over to the table of drinks. There was a lot of alcoholic drinks, but I didn't feel like drinking. I found a bowl of punch, but I smelled it and it was spiked with alcohol. So, I went to the kitchen to get water.

I searched through the cupboards until I found a drinking glass. I got water, took a drink and went back into the other room. I looked around for Alec, and saw that he was talking with some guy. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and seemed like another bad boy. I didn't want to interrupt, so I stood there looking around at all the people. I found Jewlse, and she was still talking with that guy. I looked back to Alec and he looked around to me and waved me over. I smiled and walked over. 

"Katt, this is my roommate, Braydon. Braydon, this is my girlfriend, Katt." Alec said and I shook his hand. 

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said and I felt a pull to read him, but I cut it off before I saw anything. 

"Same to you. Alec was just telling me about your little, career. Quite a talent you have there. Care to show me?" he said, and I glanced at Alec before holding out my hand.

"Okay, but this first time is free because you're his roommate, you have to pay from now on." I said as he took my hand. 

"Deal, now, how does this work?" he asked, about to pull away, but I held on. 

"Well, I have to be touching your skin, you ask me a question about the future and I give you your answer. That simple, mostly." I said, and he thought for a moment.

"Does anyone get in trouble tonight, like maybe the sorority members perhaps?" he asked, and I instantly flashed through the night. I frowned when I saw what was going to happen. 

"What? Why would you humiliate the sorority like that?" I asked, and he looked pleased. 

"Well, I'm impressed. Well, I'm doing it because they throw this party every year, just to swindle freshman into falling to their command. They should at least be given a chance to get out and save themselves from humiliation and slavery." he said, and I kind of agreed with him.